advertisement

Integrated Amp around £1,000

When faced with a similar question a few years back I ended up buying a 2nd hand Krell integrated, a KAV 400xi which I think was something like £800 from a local dealer. It's a lot of amp for that sort of cash.

Unbeatable for £800!

Rogue Audio Sphinx V3 is worth a try. I had the V1 version and loved it. Good phono stage and headphone amp within and plenty of power if needed. Mine was driving a pair of £3000 EgglestonWorks speakers no problem.
Normally about £1500 but audio republic have it on offer at £995.

JVC AX-Z1010TN, I don't think you'll find anything better.

I know where there is a brand new unopened box one in the UK. £850 should do it
I was thinking the same, a lot of people have gone from upmarket Naim to the JVC 1010. Whether it shares the same upfront presentation I wouldn't know.
A Krell would be very nice, I heard a KAV 300 some years ago, sounded fantastic.

This is where I have ended up - got a decent price on a 7000A. I only really moved the 8000A out of my set up (a good few years ago now) because it was falling to bits, so happy to add the 7000A into my modest set up. First impressions are good so far. And you can have the display show VU meters. :D

Can I be nosy? What price did you get and from where? Thanks. I fancy VU meters!

JVC AX-Z1010TN, I don't think you'll find anything better.

I know where there is a brand new unopened box one in the UK. £850 should do it
I’ve got one too. I find it similar in signature to the top Olive pre-powers. I’m not so keen these days on that so use Audio Note instead. Can’t quite bring myself to sell it though.

advertisement

Back