advertisement

Insulating Washer for Naim poweramp

Jia ren

Hello, recently I've been rebuilding my nap110, and when I took off the transistor from the heatsinks, the insulating washer for the collector of the transistor fell off and broke apart. Now, the problem is that I want to find a suitable replacement for it and I don't know which brand or model is the most suitable for the naim. Thank you

I'm in a country where I can't use eBay, the shipping is ridiculous, the sites that I use to buy parts is 14element and digikey (If i spend more than an amount for shipping).

Hello, recently I've been rebuilding my nap110, and when I took off the transistor from the heatsinks, the insulating washer for the collector of the transistor fell off and broke apart. Now, the problem is that I want to find a suitable replacement for it and I don't know which brand or model is the most suitable for the naim. Thank you
Picture are (is) needed, I may have it (not Naim parts) and mail to you .

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

This is the insulating washer that came with the amp

Unless the output devices are fried there's no need to remove these transistors. Naim used a custom made insert for those heatsinks (but yours looks different) and all its purpose is to stop the screw from touching the heatsink. A short section of silicone tubing would work just as well. You can use any mica TO3 washer but if you've taken it apart you should re-apply the thermal conducting compound.

I removed it to check all the transistor cuz the technician said the transformer is fried, but no way it is dead. So I looked more into the amp and checked the primary and secondary winding, it measured fine. Anyways, it is the feedbacks which is intermittent failure'd. Swapped it out and put the transistors back on with proper amount of compound and new micas.

advertisement

Back