advertisement

Insanely cheap Expo set

Most people will still find Exposure gear ugly, even in mint condition. I like the looks personally. Used to have an Exposure X integrated.

S.

I don't think it looks any worse than Naim olive gear personally, but I agree (sleek it aint). The bright yellow logos and legends would have been better in gold I think.

If you like your music loud, though not mind-numbingly so, you need high efficiency speakers with these.

They'd be alright with my current Tannoys, but didn't like my 83dB/W(?) Infinitys, they tripped the thermal cutouts.

Indeed, the super VIII does have limited heatsinking and only 55WPC so it doesn't go well with inefficient or low impedance speakers.

I have one driving a pair of Kans and it will shut down if pushed too hard into those, but it's certainly loud enough and has more welly than a Naim 140.

If you need more you can always get the IV.

What it does do it does very well and when I ran it with SBL's I could switch between one passive super VIII and an active 4 pack of 135's with very little difference in anything so it's a bit of a giant killer in some contexts.

I don't think it looks any worse than Naim olive gear personally

Yeah, me too :rolleyes:

s-l500.jpg

121738860_970077466846310_9194049283992990049_n.jpg

Very nice kit with very poor pcitures taken by the seller.
The colour balance is all wrong as can be seen by the gold plated phono's at the rear.
Also thay are filthy dusty, a careful clean wouldn't go amiss.
The painted facias did suffer edge damage chips if not carefully handled, later releases were anodised and much better.
Presentation in the photos also poor; stack the two VI psu together and separate to the XI pre and VIII super power (stacked) and it would look so much better.

Anyway good price and excellent amp setup.

advertisement

Back