advertisement

Innuos Zen MK3 or Zen Mini MK3

No need, I’ll bring Julf and DNM. You may nominate two subjectivists.

(So you know I’m genuine, I actually have 5 Sean Jacobs LPSUs doing various things).

I think I can manage just fine on my own. You're welcome to bring whoever you like with you. Just let me know when and how many of you are coming so I can stock up on biscuits.

Is an Innuos dealer willing to give me a blind test of my Mac Mini running Audirvana, a Zen Mini, a Zen and a Zenith (I can’t afford a Statement)? I have no particular bias and will buy the one that sounds best (unless it’s my Mini that I’ve already bought).

You can come and hear my Zenith and take my word that it was a lot better than a Zen when I did the comparison ;)

I may regret following this thread... just made an enquiry on an exchange deal on my Zenith MKII for either the MKIII or an SE.
Mac

Yes, hopefully Wednesday or Thursday. I need to get a better handle on streaming/serving and what, if anything to do about it. It does seem to be a fast moving target at present so I might lie in wait. I could also do with an aspirational Dave/Mscaler refresh.

If I didn’t need the SO that the Linn streamer gives me, or prefer a single box “solution”, and if I didn’t use a Urika II or indeed play any vinyl, I’d probably go for a Dave/Mscaler. I don’t actually think things are moving that quickly, certainly not at that elevated level and hey, how much more do you really expect before you reach the next significant birthday? Buy now, buy best and ignore forum noise.

Now it‘s done! I switched the Innuos Zen MK3 to Innuos Zenith MK3.
What a hell of a server! The Zen was really good, but not playing
in the same range as my (already sold) Rega Isis.
The Zenith has closed this gap now. Maybe 1% is missing, but the DAC is
also playing a little bit different.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back