advertisement

Indoor CCTV with good audio and video quality?

Fatmarley

"It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"
I'm looking for a single camera that records 24/7 on to an SD card. The TP-Link Tapo looks just the job but according to the first review on Amazon, the audio quality is terrible.

(Oh, thank you mods for locking my last thread, very helpful - NOT)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've recently bought the Tapo camera, really easy to set up and better than expected picture quality, afraid we haven't picked up on the sound quality as its in a room out of the way.

I've recently bought the Tapo camera, really easy to set up and better than expected picture quality, afraid we haven't picked up on the sound quality as its in a room out of the way.

Unfortunately, it's the audio quality that's far more important than the picture.

Dunno what your reason is but maybe consider one that saves to Cloud for a couple quid a month, like RING. There are loads of cams on Amazon some with free Cloud but limited space, most record to SD, I have NEOS cams and a few others covering Server rooms and IT kit plus bird/squirrel feeding cams.

If you want a 24/7 screen showing it needs to be a proper CCTV system, the iPad, Echo Show, Phone App linked ones go off after 10 mins max and you have to poke them to get video back.

There are wildlife cams designed to be ultra portable, work off battery and record to SD cards, might be something suitable
https://ukwildlifecameras.co.uk/?SID=73t6q6j2phi5vo6us7spjhs98b

Dunno what your reason

Unfortunately, I can't say for fear of the thread being locked (don't worry, it's nothing pervy)

I was thinking this may do what I want - LINK - Cheap too.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Unfortunately, I can't say for fear of the thread being locked (don't worry, it's nothing pervy)

I was thinking this may do what I want - LINK - Cheap too.
Yep Reolink are decent, I just set one up at the weekend linked to my QNAP NAS in my house, They do the SD Card recording on motion detection thing you want and will email you an alert if you like too. I think 64GB is max size card but probably they will take bigger cards.
For indoor use the one I bought was the E1 Zoom Indoor use similar to this
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=264431587370

Here's how much time you get on a card Vs Quality - you can adjust the quality - BitRate - to get more hours per card - bit of suck it and see, a 3 pack of cards is cheap off Amazon
https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-u...n-the-Micro-SD-Card-in-Reolink-Cameras-Record

done reolink - poor quality, cheap not very good.

I recco Hikvision (have 8 of them) or RING (have two) or feeling flush - Axis are excellent and discrete. If you will ever need to use the footage as evidence then make sure it is of the highest quality.

advertisement

Back