advertisement

Indispensable

Durmbo - my fave utility knife for years now - easy, a Victorinox Blumenmesser.

Basically a one-blade (gardener's) penknife - has only one, straight-edge/blunt-nose blade: it's so obvs a tool not a stabby thing. Wonderfully slim/small/discreet/ effective, the steel grade and straight edge so easy to keep scalpel-sharp, and stupidly-good value.

Good for trimming drawings, sharpening pencils, poking things on site & eating a pork pie on your day off.

ETA:
this old thing - for scale that's a 2" cutting edge (55mm max - smaller than it looks; red body is 100mm/4" o/a)
blumenmesser.jpg

I prefer multifunction knives. I have several Swiss knives, and the Sportsman is a favourite little toolkit that can be had for a modest evening at the pub. A blade that takes a shaving edge; a nail file that also files plastic and soft metals and can turn some small Phillips screws; a flat screwdriver/bottle opener/light pry tool; a very good can opener/Phillips SD/scraper; awl (good for making pilot holes for screws); corkscrew for obvious, untying knots, unplugging tubes of caulk, and holding the mini eyeglass screwdriver. Toothpick/small pointy tool; tweezers. A highly pocketable 84mm of everyday utility.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000MLS6HQ/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Only the first picture is representative; and it can be had for cheaper elsewhere on the page.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Asian arse squirters have been the answer since domestic water supply was invented.

D'you mean louche douches ?

How did kitchen roll/toilet paper subject content turn into knives? You'd need to be extremely constipated to apply these, methinks.

Mind you, they'd have the edge for this application if you steeled yourself, I guess.

Elasticated shoe laces - transform your lace-ups into slip-ons instantaneously, indispensable for the over 60’s.
You can just use ordinary elastic from your old pants if there’s not a stockist near you, I won't tell.

Regina. Perforated for half sheet size, so less waste.
My wife was shopping with the 11 year old (boy) in tow. She sent him off to get the kitchen roll while she collected other stuff. 'Get the Regina one', said she. He replied 'that just sounds wrong!'

I've had a Swiss Army knife for over 25 years, it lives in my pocket and when I can't carry it I keep reaching for it and it's not there. It's a Victorinox Spartan, I think. Not as bulky as some. It needs a bit of love but it will go without, the wear is part of the appeal.

advertisement

Back