advertisement

Inclined bed therapy? Anyone tried it..

This is a wind up yeah, seriously this has to be a joke:

Urine Density (Experiment)

Looking for minimum of 10 preferably 20 healthy people to sleep 5 degree head down tilt for two nights 5 degree head up tilt for two nights and horizontal for two nights, collecting urine output and measuring the specific gravity / density of the collected urine using a hydrometer which can be obtained from any wine / beer making outlet or a second hand store / car boot sale for next to nothing.

I'll try it when there is proper evidence that it does/does not cause cancer and is written up in the Daily Mail.

I sleep on an inclined bed to help with reflux due to a hiatus hernia and it works very very well for that purpose. I've not heard of it for anything else. I'd estimate that my head is up about 5-6" vs my feet. Any more and you do slide down the bed during the night.

I sleep on an inclined bed to help with reflux due to a hiatus hernia and it works very very well for that purpose. I've not heard of it for anything else. I'd estimate that my head is up about 5-6" vs my feet. Any more and you do slide down the bed during the night.

Thanks Sean :) yes 6 inches is the amount... or velco pj's may be needed :)

Taking the piss

Pete

Some call it "your own best medicine" - Martha M Christy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0963209116/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I'll try it when there is proper evidence that it does/does not cause cancer and is written up in the Daily Mail.

I doubt the medical results will make it to The Mail though...

What if sleeping flat causes cancer? Do you think they would publish that if the results were available? ..Or just let sleeping dogs lie...

:)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Has Russ Andrews started selling cable lifters for beds?

Medical Foo that is up there with healing crystals.

Has Russ Andrews started selling cable lifters for beds?

Medical Foo that is up there with healing crystals.

I've heard a demo from Russ Andrews... quite impressed but the cable cost was raather large % of system cost.

Not heard he was doing bed lifters... maybe not all 5% angle bed incliners have the same effect? I was planning on wooden blocks to start with..

Sounds like you need to get yourself some black tourmaline ;) to get rid of your negativity...

Crystals are pretty powerful as and when you are ready for them... sounds like you're not ready :)

I've been sleeping with the head of the bed raised by an inch or so for years due to a medical condition. I also piss like a drain and have to get up through the night particularly in the summer.

I doubt it's cause and effect though.

Yeah, I used to have the head higher than I do now too and the submarining was a pain. I'd wake up in the morning practically kneeling semi horizontally on the bottom board.

We house sat at the in laws for week and we slept with our heads lower than the rest of the body due to the in laws bed base being broken at one end. We didn't know at the time and couldn't understand why it felt so uncomfortable and in the mornings, we both felt 'heady' and bunged up. It's not an experience I would try again. Don't know about head higher though....

I've been sleeping with the head of the bed raised by an inch or so for years due to a medical condition. I also piss like a drain and have to get up through the night particularly in the summer.

I doubt it's cause and effect though.

Says it needs to be greater than 4 inches ideally 6 inches.. or ~ 5 degrees. Blocks of wood coming out this weekend... Bricks got poo pooed by the WAF assessor

We house sat at the in laws for week and we slept with our heads lower than the rest of the body due to the in laws bed base being broken at one end. We didn't know at the time and couldn't understand why it felt so uncomfortable and in the mornings, we both felt 'heady' and bunged up. It's not an experience I would try again. Don't know about head higher though....

I would imagine it would have been other opposite.. next time you stay try the reverse :D

I would imagine it would have been other opposite.. next time you stay try the reverse :D

We tried that by just facing the other way but I couldn't sleep like it cos we had the headboard at our feet and it felt weird cos our heads weren't backing up to a wall......it made me feel exposed with my head near an open doorway. The bedroom is so small, we couldn't turn the bed around easily and to be fair, it wasn't ours to move as for all we knew, they might have liked it that way, so we packed the damaged end out with blankets and put up with it. As it turns out, then they got back from their hols, they explained that they had been sleeping uncomfortably for ages and couldn't understand why. They bought a new bed soon after :)

Says it needs to be greater than 4 inches ideally 6 inches.. or ~ 5 degrees. Blocks of wood coming out this weekend... Bricks got poo pooed by the WAF assessor

Did have it higher for a long time at about five inches when my problem was worse. But like I said I just submarined down the bed. Not comfortable at all, and anyone sharing the bed wondered WTF was going on.

advertisement

Back