advertisement

Incident in london

Must be chaos for the Police, how the hell they turn up to multiple scenes like this and establish exactly what is going on is mind boggling.

Just spoke to my son, Borough market is a regular haunt for him. Several of his friends called him from a bar there to say that armed Police came in and ordered everybody down.

I'm so sad that, once more, many people's lives are going to be changed forever after tonight.

I've just come home that way. I was coming home from a gig. I went to the gig via London Bridge station. The station was closed off on the way home. We got the tip off from my mates girlfriend.

We didn't see anything. No one on the train was reacting to it. Sorry this is a no news report but it happened minutes before I was there so it's close to home.

If there's people running around stabbing anyone they come across, will there come a time the police start shooting? I hear there were gunshots heard.

Eye witness from London Bridge describing the van hitting many many people at speed, will be a miracle if there's no more fatalities from that alone.

If you drive south across London Bridge, Borough Market is pretty immediate. Vauxhall another 15 minutes or so drive, past Southbank. Or 30 minutes jogging. Some sort of Market Garden approach? In which cases it would be a little more planned than the Westminster "nutter in a van" incident.

Obviously wild speculation at this point.

Train station reopened. Sounds like it might be panic.

BBC radio say the police are responding to an incident in Vauxhall but they don't know what it is. However armed police are responding. This could be a reaction and related to it being the home of MI6 and a few other organisations.

They're saying that one stabber went into a bar near Borough market. They were chased (my words) out of the bar and the police persued them into the market area. Then shots were heard.

The Isis fight in Syria etc is being lost. So, as with al Qaeda, the fight is then handed over to 'lone wolves' to carry out attacks with heavy vehicles and blades, on vulnerable targets, in their own countries. All predicted, and the reason why the threat level was suddenly raised a while ago.

Until we can shut down internet recruitment, the long battle by the security services will continue.

Sadly I suspect you're correct Tony - ISIS and their followers are on the back foot (which is a very good thing) but this makes then more dangerous outside of ISIS held territories.

If you drive south across London Bridge, Borough Market is pretty immediate. Vauxhall another 15 minutes or so drive, past Southbank. Or 30 minutes jogging. Some sort of Market Garden approach? In which cases it would be a little more planned than the Westminster "nutter in a van" incident.

Obviously wild speculation at this point.

Yes they are close but the traffic can be bad this time of night. I don't think it would be a "good" plan (sorry about the language but it's the best way I can say this) to go from London Bridge to Vauxhall. That 15 mins would be long enough to get the police alerted. The CCTV would be following fast moving vehicles as soon as the alarm was raised.

This sounds awful, imagine being turfed out from the relative safety of a hotel room and told to "run anywhere" especially if you're a foreigner and have no idea where to go.

"Guests at hotels in the vicinity of the attack have been evacuated. Zaven Jordan who is visiting from Australia was staying in Novotel Southwark and was woken by a fire alarm.

When guests assembled outside the hotel he said police told everyone to run.

“The police didn’t just give directions, they were yelling run,” he said. “When a fire alarm goes off you expect to assemble and then go back inside in a few minutes. We grabbed our passports just in case, but we weren’t really ready for this.”

He is now walking the streets trying to find somewhere to stay. He says the hotel is not answering their phone, he had been turned away by another hotel and he is uncertain where in the city it is safe to go."

Monument station evacuated. Suspect chased inside by armed police.

Unverified reports on Twitter that another 2 suspects shot dead already.

Unverified reports on Twitter that another 2 suspects shot dead already.

That tallies with eye witness reports of two distinct bursts of gunfire, one after members of the public were directing armed police in the direction of someone in Borough Market, and the second from inside a pub.

Met Police twitter account confirms Bridge and Borough incidents as terrorism at 0025. No mention of Vauxhall.

Edit: Twitter account now states that: The incident at #Vauxhall is a stabbing and is not connect to the incidents at #LondonBridge & #BoroughMarket

advertisement

Back