Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Impressed with Rigonda loudspeakers

Discussion in 'classic' started by cupples, Jan 1, 2022.

1. IVELIN

IVELIN pfm Member

Just looked up the Giant FS100 and they kind of look similar to the Graham Audio VOTU.

2. IVELIN

IVELIN pfm Member

Which is the European manufacturer that you mentioned in your post?

3. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

Apologies - I was sworn to secrecy!

IVELIN likes this.
  4. IVELIN

IVELIN pfm Member

Understood! :D

5. Dan K

Dan K pfm Member

Any chance of a look at the crossovers?

Given they are Russian anyway, I'd fill 'em full of K73-16's

6. ansis

ansis pfm Member

I believe in Giants they use some (unknown) German made bass and mid units and Vifa tweeter, they don't make their own drivers anymore quite a long time ago.

In my first reply is link with schematics and pics, and they are Latvian, not Russian )).

Dan K likes this.
  7. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Is that Richard Allen as in Sugden?

8. cupples

cupples pfm Member

Latvia is a beautiful country ansis, I've visited friends there a number of times. There's no love lost between the Latvians and the Russians it seems...

9. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Yes but RA and Sugden had virtually nothing to do with one another bar the early Sugden A21 having RA name badges and prob distributed by RA through their dealers. RA made speakers. Sugden make electronics, test gear as well as hi fi in the past.

eastone likes this.
  10. eastone

eastone pfm Member

We’re the speakers good? Never come across them before.

11. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Wow how times change.... they were one of the big UK manufacturers in the 50's, 60's 70's and into the 80's... not sure when they went under but would guess mid 80's or so and a rival to Goodmans, Celestion, Wharfedale etc.

They made drive units and finished speakers such as IIRC the Sarabande and RA80 plus drive units for PA and guitar IIRC. Companies such as Fane, Baker and Whiteley were other competitors in the drive unit area.

I certainly have heard them at shows back around '79 ish but can't recall what they sounded like so I guess they must have made little impression on me.

12. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Richard Allen briefly returned making LS3/5as.
    Not for long though.
    There’s quite a story there, but I’m not at liberty to divulge anything.