advertisement

Imerge S2000 MkII SoundServer

greygoose

pfm Member
Does anyone have any experience of this product / company, units are of a certain vintage.
Do do they perform sound wise and how was build quality / support?

Same platform as naims HDX?

Not sure if you are looking out of interest but if you are looking because you want a ripper/server something like a vortex box would do the same job.

I just dont think you stand a chance with these bespoke bits of kit from hifi companies. The one you mention has a 56kb modem port on it. Best left well alone.

Same platform as naims HDX?

Not sure if you are looking out of interest but if you are looking because you want a ripper/server something like a vortex box would do the same job.

I just dont think you stand a chance with these bespoke bits of kit from hifi companies. The one you mention has a 56kb modem port on it. Best left well alone.

I just saw one for sale recently and it mentioned a Wolfston DAC and could be used as a transport, never heard of them or seem them in circulation much.
Just curious but as you said old Technology now.

Well if you want a transport then I suppose its fine but its a lot of box for one specific function you want.

Didn't they eventually fold and morph into Ripserver or something like that. They were cutting edge at the time when hifi companies made servers and I remember Lintone Audio in Gateshead demoing one once. There will almost certainly be no support unless you can find someone who was a dealer and who can support it. If you already have one, I'd give it to a geek who can remove and copy the data for you. If you're thinking of buying a second hand one, my advice would be don't. Certainly the company they morphed into had issues with support. That all relies on memory serving me correctly after 10 years...

Sound advice I think, I found a self help thread this morning detailing tales of woe regarding failed storage drives, advice on how to clone drives / linux and window licencing issues and using spare parts from the s2000 and s3000 units to varying degrees of success. Exactly what I didn't have to do....

advertisement

Back