advertisement

ifi Power Supply actually CAUSING interference

Weeman1973

Big Country Member
I've bought a used Auralic Aries Mini Streamer with an alleged upgraded ifi power supply to help block unwanted interference - it's actually doing the opposite and causing it!!!

All my other regular power supplies for TT and DAC etc are fine, however as soon as I plug in the ifi power source, it squeals through my speakers, even more so on the Phono Stage obviously so I have to remove it.

Tried plugging it in to different sockets but still the same, even without it plugged into the back of the streamer it causes problems.

I think I'll try and get hold of a regular supply for the Auralic but wondered if anyone had any ideas before I do so?

It is called "marketing". Most claims in the "high end" market are pure BS.

Amen to that. Think I've found a replacement regular PS for the Auralic for £12 so will go for that and sell the ifi and maybe make some money!!!

Sounds to me like the iFi is faulty. I'm not a big fan of them, but they generally work perfectly well enough as long as they are of the correct spec, and connected with the correct polarity. If yours causes these issues when it's not even connected to a device, you probably have a dud, so I don't see that selling it is a great thing to do. I would contact iFi, they have been pretty good at responding to queries in my experience.

Sounds to me like the iFi is faulty. I'm not a big fan of them, but they generally work perfectly well enough as long as they are of the correct spec, and connected with the correct polarity. If yours causes these issues when it's not even connected to a device, you probably have a dud, so I don't see that selling it is a great thing to do. I would contact iFi, they have been pretty good at responding to queries in my experience.

To be honest I'll probably bin it off when I get a replacement that works fine with the Auralic without causing problems. The unit came with it instead of the factory supplied PSU so not a big issue, I bought it for the streamer not the PSU.

advertisement

Back