advertisement

If we're gonna have to give up petrol engines......

I watched a video on youtube of a guy driving an electric Audi , the satnav took him to a non existent charging point, when he eventually found one suitable it only had power points for about three cars, it took about an hour to carry out a full charge.

Another problem was that winter weather much reduced the potential stated distance. I guess things will improve over time but I think I will wait for the clockwork models to be introduced!

It's a shame they have to vandalize a lovely old Alfa to do this. Why can't they just build a new one from scratch?

Does it have the same crash safety as a 1963 car too?

Now if they built a new one, with the same looks.... but a DOHC V12 with 6 Weber 45 DCOE's:cool::rolleyes:

For all petrol heads need to own an Alfa at some time of course, so, just think of all those otters and beavers and water voles whose habitat is being ruined in the drive for hydroelectric power to charge all those sewing mach.. er cars.. not to mention all the birds sliced up by the wind turbines.
We just need to consider that every time a Prius is put on charge a cute little bunny rabbit.. or owl or whatever, dies:D
And on that bombshell...

Not my cup of tea, one for the oldies I guess.

Design wise, the new Hyundai ioniq 5 is a masterpiece

ioniq5kv_4.jpg

who would have thought hyundai could design a desirable car?

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/new-fully-electric-hyundai-ioniq-5

At the risk of grounding this discussion ....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56178802

Chinese electric car : £3,200. This will be the level of car most people will be able to afford in the future.
Forget your 40K+ Teslas.

GM are already in collaboration with the Chinese manufacturer (well, until the Chinese dump them in years to come).

Early adopter prices they will get cheaper. When you think about it they are much simpler than an ICE vehicle.

It's a shame they have to vandalize a lovely old Alfa to do this. Why can't they just build a new one from scratch?

Does it have the same crash safety as a 1963 car too?
They haven't destroyed an old one, they have bought a pile of scrap and a title, there's only 10% of the original left. It's like the Yorkshire auction house on YouTube that sells an "original" Mini Cooper S for £ 18k. It's utterly rotten. As in has bits falling off. They have paid £18k for a V5 (UK title and reg doc) , a chassis plate attached to a pile of rust, and an engine block with the right number on it. The buyer is going to be buying a new shell and subframes to start with, he will build the rest as a kit car.

Not my cup of tea, one for the oldies I guess.

Design wise, the new Hyundai ioniq 5 is a masterpiece

ioniq5kv_4.jpg

who would have thought hyundai could design a desirable car?

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/new-fully-electric-hyundai-ioniq-5

The price is more realistic @ £45k and range-wise is getting there with 292miles (200 in 'real World') but it's not good looking. To me it looks like someone has just put two large scores down the side of an A3:

hyundai-ioniq-5-front-1-lead-1.jpg

Lovely, I'm sure, it is not going to persuade car enthusiasts to give up their cars. What they (we) want is something that's a lot more like a lot more like the cars we're going to be asked to give up - not a jacked up Asia-shopper with some sharp creases designed for Tescos Carpark or sticking out from the other automotive white goods parked up on the pelican crossing zig-zags, as mum or dad drops off their bundles of joy at kids at primary school.

Now. This is more like it, if Honda get the price right and it doesn't handle like ****.

Honda-Sports-EV-Concept-TMS-2017-8-630x318.jpg

The price is more realistic @ £45k and range-wise is getting there with 292miles (200 in 'real World') but it's not good looking. To me it looks like someone has just put two large scores down the side of an A3:

hyundai-ioniq-5-front-1-lead-1.jpg

Lovely, I'm sure, it is not going to persuade car enthusiasts to give up their cars. What they (we) want is something that's a lot more like a lot more like the cars we're going to be asked to give up - not a jacked up Asia-shopper with some sharp creases designed for Tescos Carpark or sticking out from the other automotive white goods parked up on the pelican crossing zig-zags, as mum or dad drops off their bundles of joy at kids at primary school.

Now. This is more like it, if Honda get the price right and it doesn't handle like ****.

Honda-Sports-EV-Concept-TMS-2017-8-630x318.jpg

I don't agree, of course. the Hyundai design is really sharp. this is a production car not a concept. the Honda is a concept, no? Let's see how watered down it becomes in the production version.

advertisement

Back