advertisement

If I could trouble you yet again…

lordsummit

This is the third time I’ve asked the wonderful fishies for support, and you’ve always been fabulous. I’m sure most of you know I’m passionate about creating opportunities for young people, and believe that us old ‘uns need to do our part. I’ve worked with young people for twenty five years now, and I have in that time seen many of them struggle, and sadly have known some that have felt the only way forward was to take their own life. I have three close friends who have lost either a brother or a son to suicide, and have also lost several work colleagues to suicide as well. According to the NHS, suicide is the leading cause of death amongst men under 50. The pandemic is only going to make it worse. I remember at my lowest ebb driving to work and thinking how if I crashed my car, I wouldn’t have to go. I cannot imagine the dark places some young people find themselves in.

On the 12th of September I shall be lining up to take part in the Great North Run, and on the 26th of September I’ll be doing the Simply Manchester Half. I hoped to do a marathon, but this year with having had Covid in January, and various injuries throughout the year it just hasn’t been practical. It’s not going to be my best ever run, I’m suffering from a twanged arse (technical term apologies), but I’m determined to get there because it’s such a worthwhile cause.

A donation of just £5 can pay for one conversation with HOPELINEUK, the HOPELINE aims to give advice and put vulnerable young people (anyone under the age of 35) in touch with services that can help.
They can also support friends and family who are worried about a young person.

Please support this cause if you can. My JustGiving link is below.

Thank-you you wonderful people.

https://trk.justgiving.com/f/a/2D-B...ZbG9yZHN1bW1pdEBidGludGVybmV0LmNvbVgEAAAAAw~~

Thanks everyone. Your generosity is astounding.

Twanged arse permitting, enjoy the runs!
;)

I’ll enjoy them, as best I can with my currently twanged arse :)

Hopefully it should be better by then, it’s Piriformis problems, nothing serious. I bought a massage gun and that slowly seems to be helping. If nothing else I now know exactly where the sore bit is :)

advertisement

Back