advertisement

IEMs

I lost interest looking to be honest. I’m perfectly happy with conventional headphones and have a few pairs (HD-600, Momentum 2, HD-414, it appears I like Sennheiser!).

Took a punt on some Earfun Air Pro 3's and was impressed so I got some EH100's with the amp with a good discount, they sound very good. Never really been bothered about headphones but listening to these could get me started 😮

Curious about IEMs I bought a pair of Sennheiser IEM 200 last year. I do enjoy using them but then that's only when I'm on public transport really.

The only thing that bothers me is that I think my left ear canal might be larger than the right. I'm using spin-tips with them, again out of curiosity, I can't say I noticed any significant difference when I changed but I still can't quite get the left IEM to 'sit' right, although the over-ear plastic hook things do help here.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The only thing that bothers me is that I think my left ear canal might be larger than the right.
I have one larger than the other, and I use Spinfits too. All I did was buy one set of tips in Medium and one set in Small. Left gets the small and right gets the medium!

One other thing - the fit on such things can be moderated by the actual barrel-size they are fitted-over. Which was a surprise to me, looking at how they are made

I have a pair of IEMs I like, bought spinfits in 2/3 sizes/ types to try over a period of a year or so - not the cheapest of exercises - and none felt 'quite right'. Seemed to seal, but a bit meh' on both sound and comfort, a split vote. I tried but could not achieve a satisfactory result by mix&match either - things merely sat at different depths, but neither 'right' nor ever convincing.

A few months ago I bought another pair of IEMs, but the barrel is maybe 0.4mm larger. Surprise: with the Spinfit blue, not only is the seal, perfect for me, but also very comfortable& easy to make&unmake, /and/ very comfort in use, splendid. I can wear for 3hrs + ...an absolute first for me and IEMs. This at the point I thought I really disliked Spinfit.

IEM fit, comfort & preference is both subtle, and very personal - but ultimately makes a huge difference in whether you can enjoy using what you have, at all. If 'recommended product X' doesn't work for you: just move on, for your own sanity.

advertisement

Back