advertisement

Idiot/dangerous drivers

Always makes me laugh when there are motoring/driving threads to see all the smug sanctimonious posts giving it "I think you'll find under subsection 4 of the traffic act.... blah blah.." I'm surprised we haven't had the "Institute of Advanced Motorists" on yet (= advanced holier than thou training and slower than everyone else). Probably loads on here are of the Audi/BMW/Merc but didn't go for the expensive "working indicators option" type:D

If you are in the outside lane you better be overtaking OR cruising at high speed.... and if you are being tailgated then you're obviously going too slow so get the fcuk out of the way!

Nowt worse than arseholes who sit in the outside lane at 69.9 MPH! I almost always tailgate them, flash headlight at them use horn and if the fcuk wit still doesn't get out of the way they get undertaken and a flash of the V's... I'm still waiting for bike mounted anti car missiles to be made available!:D

Oh and in anticipation of the "70.000mph is the speed limit and it's your type that blah blah blah a bad name blah blah...." replies, Up yours pal!:p

Bloody Sunday driver flat cap never had a an accident but caused 20 blah blah...:D

... I'm still waiting for bike mounted anti car missiles to be made available!:D

I have sometimes wondered if there was a market for a forward firing death ray that vaporised the vehicle in front so you then just drive through the mist and smoke left behind. The way some people have come up behind me in the past makes me think that they wished they had one!

I had some looney in a Fiesta ST overtake me as I was pulling out to pass some cyclists on a tiny snakey b road this morning. Mental.

I'm surprised we haven't had the "Institute of Advanced Motorists" on yet (= advanced holier than thou training and slower than everyone else).

I appreciate your amusing post but felt the need to comment that most of the IAM drivers and instructors I have known have been pretty fast drivers. That said there certainly are a large number of IAM enthusiasts who do have trouble with their adenoids and are keen to quote "It's a limit, not a target" to anyone who comes close enough. The IAM bikers I know are proper fast nutters.

If I’m doing 70 in lane one, the speed differential to anyone in lane two is likely to be 15mph or so. No big deal.

Not so in all cases, hence each crash attracting some kind of investigation, where applicable, on the particular circs at the time.

I've never seen a traffic cop pull over a lane hogger in the UK, I think they had a message in the rear LED display to say "don't hog the middle lane" but until people get a message that impacts their wallets and time they will ignore it.

They are around. Just not as many of them as there used to be. The LED message is correct, and was used more so to get said motorist to pull over.

Plain police cars would be very useful on some stretches of motorway that I’ve used recently.

Everybody knows that it is illegal to be in the outside lane unless you are overtaking, but nonetheless, overtaking on the inside is illegal too and is extremely dangerous in my view. The only time you can justify it, is if there is a car in the lane going really slow, but even then, going through on the inside should be done with caution. Not only that, but we've all seen lunatics weaving in and out of traffic when the motorway is busy. How many times too, have you overtaken a car, checked in the mirror to see where they are, only to find that they are in your blind-spot, having accelerated to get by you on the inside. Motorways should be the safest roads, but people's bad driving habits put a stop to that.

Always makes me laugh when there are motoring/driving threads to see all the smug sanctimonious posts giving it "I think you'll find under subsection 4 of the traffic act.... blah blah.." I'm surprised we haven't had the "Institute of Advanced Motorists" on yet (= advanced holier than thou training and slower than everyone else). Probably loads on here are of the Audi/BMW/Merc but didn't go for the expensive "working indicators option" type:D

If you are in the outside lane you better be overtaking OR cruising at high speed.... and if you are being tailgated then you're obviously going too slow so get the fcuk out of the way!

Nowt worse than arseholes who sit in the outside lane at 69.9 MPH! I almost always tailgate them, flash headlight at them use horn and if the fcuk wit still doesn't get out of the way they get undertaken and a flash of the V's... I'm still waiting for bike mounted anti car missiles to be made available!:D

Oh and in anticipation of the "70.000mph is the speed limit and it's your type that blah blah blah a bad name blah blah...." replies, Up yours pal!:p

Bloody Sunday driver flat cap never had a an accident but caused 20 blah blah...:D

You tell 'em AE!!

FWIW, I'm happy to get out of the way of those who want to drive very fast in the outside lane. I usually see them coming and the sooner they're over the horizon the better AFAIAC. OTOH, I'm not diving left instantly in response to flashing lights or whatever.. I move over when I've completed my overtake and have determined that it is safe to do so.

The IAM bikers I know are proper fast nutters.

If you want fast riders go on a police motorbike course, it's worth it because the guys teaching you are the ones likely to pull you over and tend to be a bit more forgiving if they know you've done the course (that and it is actually a very informative course where they don't act like by the book instructors and will teach you real world techniques and skills)

If you want fast riders go on a police motorbike course, it's worth it because the guys teaching you are the ones likely to pull you over and tend to be a bit more forgiving if they know you've done the course (that and it is actually a very informative course where they don't act like by the book instructors and will teach you real world techniques and skills)

Quite...

If you want fast riders go on a police motorbike course, it's worth it because the guys teaching you are the ones likely to pull you over and tend to be a bit more forgiving if they know you've done the course

Not my experience, sadly. I thought it would help, if anything, it made things worse. /bitterface/

Indeed, many of the IAM bike instructors are serving or ex traffic bike police. I used to ride fast bikes on the track and road and the casual ease and smoothness of the police riders really impressed me. If I was still riding I would definately attend the course.

They are around. Just not as many of them as there used to be. The LED message is correct, and was used more so to get said motorist to pull over.

Plain police cars would be very useful on some stretches of motorway that I’ve used recently.

I believe that 'unmarked' cars are about everywhere, though they do tend to be blue beemers with a bloke in a peaked cap and white short sleeved shirt.

I always fancied one o' them LED displays loaded with such little quips such as

'Really?'
'Back off!'
'Well Done!!!'
'Smile! You're on Candid Camera'
'You drive your car.. I'll drive this one'
Etc.,,

Not so in all cases, hence each crash attracting some kind of investigation, where applicable, on the particular circs at the time.

You really are determined to find every single possible, minor, inconsequential little thing to disagree about, aren’t you.

Hey! Everyone! When talking in any way whatsoever about anything at all, you absolutely MUST go into minute detail about every single permutation. That way, you won’t have certain members ‘catching you out’.
Except, of course, you will. And they revel in forming distorted views of people just to push their own argumentative agenda.

I bet the winter nights fly by!

advertisement

Back