advertisement

Ideas for a speaker upgrade?

The only speakers my wife has liked in the last 20 years are my Graham Audio LS6f's, both the look and sound. I like them too, but they are for sale and well within your budget...
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/graham-audio-ls6fs-speakers.262168/
Very easy to live with, superb sound and pretty too.
My new huge ugly speakers are going in the office/spare room/MUSIC room when it gets finished..

Agree they look lovely Steve. But they are rear ported so not ideal and her indoors is advising black is preferable. Even though I like natural wood finishes.

I think I’m leaning towards the ATC SCM40A’s currently.

Not rear ported, the port is at the front at the bottom, but they aren't black. I'll throw in a tin of paint if you like, and a brush for the boss which I'll ever wrap up, making you look like the most caring and wonderful person in the entire world.. :)

I'm very pleased with my Neumann KH310's - the bass is a lot better than my previous SCM19A's, but I think the 40A's would be great too.

The SCM25A's for sale on here recently would've also done nicely!

How about Boenicke W5. Tremendous 3 way sound that defy the laws of physics on thin, wobbly stands. Go figure.
I slipped a pair into my system and my missus loves them, as do visitors. I managed to get away with the premise that being small, they were a downsize in stature as well as cost from their predecessors.:eek: Reassuringly expensive.
they are amazing I agree, I have had an offer of a pair to demo for the next 'wam show (likely later in 2022 it seems)
my own W8s will be there as well

Has anyone heard the Neat Petite 30th anniversaries?

No but I had the originals on MAF stands. They were fantastic but really didn’t like it when I moved and rehoused them.

I’m still inclined to the 40A’s but do have limited space and those base plate outriggers actually make them quite wide at 370mm. Maybe I need to cut my oak sideboard in half!

DE73DB4F-5C25-465D-BC56-FF67F76424D3.jpeg

Kerr acoustics is another brand to explore

Amphion are also exceptional for the money and will surprise you . Playing some modest standmounts now and very engaging speaker with zero fatigue and sense of liveness

Boenicke on my bucket list to try at some point

advertisement

Back