advertisement

I wasn’t planning to but....

this Naim Atom that I picked up today driving my MkI Kans is bloody fantastic!!!
Love it when an impulse purchase works out well, I bought an LK Linn Majik mainly just for nostalgic reasons (the first Linn product I owned and one which improved my system massively), and becuse it was a bit of a bargain. I stuck it in my office setup in place of a Meridian Pre/Linn power amp that I found a little too soft and mellow... it retained the warmth and smoothness but brought out loads more detail, dynamics/snap, just a massively more engaging sound... and the price? £140.

Thanks, I did spend a bit more than you but it was a returned, unused brand new unit at a great price that I couldn’t refuse.

I will post a picture or two in the morning.
Oh I’ve no doubt you spent more... I’ve spent (much) more on impulse purchases that I’ve regretted though, the biggest being a pair of Focal 1038Be speakers, I really didn’t get on with them at all.

Thanks, I did spend a bit more than you but it was a returned, unused brand new unit at a great price that I couldn’t refuse.

I will post a picture or two in the morning.

Curious if the Atom display brightness can be adjusted or turned off completely

It can be adjusted or turned completely off if required Per. I haven't tried different settings because the Atom is brand new, and I quite like the display.

The only quirk, which was easily fixed changing to another location and then back, was the clock. Otherwise setup was faultless and very simple.

P1000239 by Jonathan Roberts, on Flickr

And no the candles are not growing out of the speaker!!

Jono

With my Uniti Star there is an option to turn off the display during playback. I haven’t tried it though and I doubt it’ll turn off the light on the Naim logo.

advertisement

Back