advertisement

i-phone 4 SLR

I kind of like the idea from an engineering perspective, but in what situation would you be carrying around full size lenses, an adaptor tube, a big phone case, but not a camera body?

nonsense idea... you would then be passing the photo through two sets of lenses. and two focusing systems. Most of the photos taken via the mount on that page, look seriously distorted, with poor corner to corner sharpness. Cant think of a reason why you'd want that look.

It'd be easier just to pick up a rubbish old digital camera and use that

Remember these are folks with money to burn. They will sell like hotcakes.

It doesnt have to do the job very well after all, thats the whole point.

Seems to me that the vendors don't understand what the 'R' in SLR stands for. Those who will buy the adapter obviously don't either.

Odd choice of canon lenses for this application. The aperture cannot be set except through the electronic interface so i'd guess these are all being shot wide open. The results looks terrible, so what's the point?

If you have Iphone and want to add quality lenses - you can buy the lenses only.

If you want to move from brand other than NikCan to NikCan you can start by buying a lens and buying the body later (or you may find out that you don't need the body....).

A great idea.

Arye

They would be better off making it easy and practical to link your iPhone to the camera as an articulated viewing screen!

advertisement

Back