advertisement

I have a confession to make

rabidlistener

pfm Member
I was introduced to the wonderful world of music & audio when my parents bought a Portadyne radiogram for Xmas 63 - BSR Monach TT & it was a loverly piece of furniture.
In the early 70's I could be found drooling over equipment in Lasky's, REW & Imhofs around Tottenham Court Road.
Then came the Flat Earth syndrome and I knew a lot of people who bought into this philosophy. My God it was a slippery slope fed by the hifi rags. Funnily enough one of the worst sounding systems I have ever heard was the infamous 6 pack during a factory visit to Salisbury!
After marrying and emigrating to OZ (I brought my then system with me - semi Flat Earth TD125, Magnum Amps & bi-amped original Pro-Ac Tablettes) the hifi then stagnated when kids arrived.
I changed the system when we moved house and now have a Frankenstein system of odd components that sounds excellent so I am as happy as a pig in sh*t.

All through this wonderful journey I have never owned a LP12 or Naim amps!

All through this wonderful journey I have never owned a LP12
Well I didn’t get mine until this year and I’m 67 now. I don’t regret it but it is a really good turntable though I probably wouldn’t have appreciated when I was younger! Had my fun along the way.

Nah' stick with your TD system - bought my PT1 when I was 56 ,that will stay with me now after having had a Hydraulic Reference for 25 years and missing the LP12 hype ,just endlessly getting it in the rags.
Heard a couple of LP12 systems and wondered what all the fuss was about.

advertisement

Back