1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

I did it on my iPhone

Discussion in 'off topic' started by deebster, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

I've not noticed it with regard to iPhones but have heard many non-Apple tablets being referred to as iPads though.

Mick

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  2. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

My dad still calls it the electric light company, which is quaint.

Durmbo and BJP like this.
  3. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

i think you will find people do say, got the jag out, or went out in the jag, rather than car, it has always been like that for jags

4. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

Then get the Dyson out .

5. BJP

BJP El Perro Azul

Like that , think I'll start saying it :D

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  6. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

A Jag isn’t just for Christmas...

7. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Until they came along all vacuum cleaners were Hoovers.

8. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy Well-Known Member

iPhones.

Technology for the sake of fashion. I see no point

Sent from my granite henge

sean99 likes this.
  9. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy Well-Known Member

The parts bills certainly aren't. My uncle had an XJS RS-R - a rather exotic beastie, that was featured in a couple of books on the history of the marque - and he spent over £40k in 5 years. That said, some of that was devoted to getting the car to handle better, reach insane speeds, and doing things like putting a manual gearbox conversion in.

10. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Mine is an old X type, so more Mondeo than Jag, but still one of the nicest cars to drive around in that I’ve owned. The only other car that lives fondly in the memory is my P6 3500S Rover. Loved that car, but then I had it when the 18 yards to the gallon that it did wasn’t so prohibitive.

deebster and GruntPuppy like this.
  11. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Don’t really know their source, they just appear on my desk periodically. I suspect aliens.

12. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

They still are at MikeMA Mansions, except when it's a GTech Hoover, when it's referred to simply as a GTech so as not to confuse it with the Miele Hoover. We've never actually owned a Hoover Hoover. Dyson Hoovers are not allowed on the premises.

13. MVV

MVV pfm Member

“Fetch the Volvo Val”

14. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

I never say hoovering, I vacuum. I have a Kirby, which is a good excuse for my wife to never vacuum; she says she can't lift it!

15. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

In the old days, instead of sending a message from your iPhone, you'd have written a note with your biro.

16. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

We use a hover. Open all the widows and blow the dust out. Might explain where that bias weight for the Aro went...and the cat.

[​IMG]

deebster likes this.
  17. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

"fire up the quattro"

18. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

[​IMG]

19. Pedro83

Pedro83 pfm Member

"Pass the KY"

20. Rockmeister