advertisement

I am obsessed by this band

They have been around for 20+year s tho...what took folk so long?

Ah, Gavin Harrison? ;)

I'm going to upset everyone now.
Gavin Harrison is a fantastic drummer, but I find his clever-dick drumming can draw attention to itself in a way that sometimes is at the expense of the song. However, I love this band too and have everything - including the Sky Moves Sidewaays vinyl that should arrive this morning.

Nope nope and thrice nope! I bought a few things Porky Tree and Steven Wilson related. I hate them all with a passion with the result that they are sat in my 'get rid of' shelf.

I do agree that the musicianship is rather good and Wilson knows his onions in terms of production etc. The music to me just seems derivative and unoriginal. Like a poor mans Floyd at times.

Of course my ears my be truly broken ;)

Tee hee Jon. Glad you are enjoying them.

The Sky Moves Sideways was spinning last night.

I wonder what will be on the playlist for you next???

I only bought my first album of theirs a couple of weeks ago - Recordings
Rapidly followed by Signify and then Absentia and then this week Anesthetize.

Zygote, if you want to get rid of your collection pm me and see if we can do a deal :D

Harrison has been voted top prog drummer for 3 consecutive years and came third in Rolling Stone Mags best drummer of the last 25 yr poll.
He must be doing something right!

Don't get me wrong, he's probably the best drummer out there currently, but I just find myself listening to what he's doing too much. Bruford is just as technically brilliant, if not better, but doesn't hog the music in quite the same way somehow. Maybe it's in the mix.

It's all part of the PT sound now anyway and it's SW that brings it on after all - it's what he wants obviously. I was listening to The Sound Of Muzak and worked it out to be in 6/24 time or something mad.

Steve Wilson should stick to No-Man and remastering prog albums.

PT are just a snoozefest - technically brilliant but too far up themselves and bland. Like all bands that are considered 'prog' that formed after 1973 they lack inventiveness and any kind of 'fire' or excitement.

Steve Wilson should stick to No-Man and remastering prog albums.

PT are just a snoozefest - technically brilliant but too far up themselves and bland. Like all bands that are considered 'prog' that formed after 1973 they lack inventiveness and any kind of 'fire' or excitement.

Agreed.

Have to say after watching all 12mins of the vid I have to agree,.... technicaly very good yawn..... but somehow Arctic Monkeys I bet she looks good on the dancefloor is just infinitely better:D

advertisement

Back