advertisement

I am a Dinosaur!

martin dawson

pfm Member
My Grandson is studying guitar at Canterbury Music College and his project this year is to record and play his own compositions.
I casually said to him when you’ve completed the project could you transfer them to a CD so that I can play it?
The answer came back “ Grandad we don’t do CD’s or albums we do files ! I said to him I’m a Dinosaur I play albums and CD’s !
So the question is I have an I Pad and I Phone how do I get hear his work ?
Can someone on PFM enlighten me, please? I don’t possess a laptop.

Regards,

Martin

I imagine he'll put them on Soundcloud which you can then access if he sends you the link via email

But that might be how things were done 5 years ago! It's hard to keep up :confused:

To hear them on your hi-fi, I'm sure you could do something like put the files on an MP3 player and plug that in your hi-fi. That sort of thing.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
My Grandson is studying guitar at Canterbury Music College and his project this year is to record and play his own compositions.
I casually said to him when you’ve completed the project could you transfer them to a CD so that I can play it?
The answer came back “ Grandad we don’t do CD’s or albums we do files ! I said to him I’m a Dinosaur I play albums and CD’s !
So the question is I have an I Pad and I Phone how do I get hear his work ?
Can someone on PFM enlighten me, please? I don’t possess a laptop.

Regards,

Martin

Martin you are not the only Dinosaur on the forum.:)

Have him e-mail you the files, or attach them to some messaging app that you use on your devices - WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.

Open message, save file to your device, get a 3.5mm jack to twin phono lead, plug jack into device, twin phono into Aux in on HiFi, and use a playback app (Musicolet? iTunes? Similar?) to replay through HiFi

Or, if you have a bluetooth speaker, connect to that, and play back from device.

advertisement

Back