advertisement

HX1.2 ..... mk1 versus mk2 ?

My room is 4m x 4m and is square in shape x 8 1/2' ceiling height the walls are 500mm thick stone and the floor is a solid resin type compound which is carpeted.

Is that a ground floor or a suspended one?

Its suspended floors that get excited by the Obelisk. I bought my first pair off a PFM guy who got loads of boom because he lived in a flat conversion on a suspended wooden floor. He was amazed at the difference in my house that has oak laid over concrete. The walls can also be a factor if they are hard. Mine are plasterboard and you can feel the stuff vibrate but the listening conditions are very good to excellent.

Get a home dem of the Obelisk 2 and keep your fingers crossed.

Cheers,

DV

Is that a ground floor or a suspended one?

Its suspended floors that get excited by the Obelisk. I bought my first pair off a PFM guy who got loads of boom because he lived in a flat conversion on a suspended wooden floor. He was amazed at the difference in my house that has oak laid over concrete. The walls can also be a factor if they are hard. Mine are plasterboard and you can feel the stuff vibrate but the listening conditions are very good to excellent.

Get a home dem of the Obelisk 2 and keep your fingers crossed.

Cheers,

DV

Solid floor and the walls are thick rough plastered in keeping with a 156 year old cottage (built like a brick *********).

any idea about the last list pricing for a HX1.2 MK2?

It was around £5k.

Question for Jason - your HX1.2 must be several years old, might need a service?

Having said that I was mighty impressed with the HX100 when I heard it in Phil's shop.

I was also mighty impressed with the new L200, which to me ran the L300 very close indeed.

It was around £5k.

Question for Jason - your HX1.2 must be several years old, might need a service?

Having said that I was mighty impressed with the HX100 when I heard it in Phil's shop.

I was also mighty impressed with the new L200, which to me ran the L300 very close indeed.

It was one of the last but one batch so only 5 or 6 years old at most.
Shouldn't need a service for 4 or 5 years imo.

Jason

advertisement

Back