advertisement

HUMBOLDT, new amp

once you've got it in place,

That's going to be fun, unless it's on the floor on an amp stand or even a top shelf, I don't fancy trying sliding that into place in a middle shelf, you'd definitely need to have had your weetabix.

Health to enjoy @graystoke4 (mind your back!) , what's the spec, apart from the weight, is it a big class A or ??

Very interesting web site, http://en.audionet.de/machines/humboldt/#top, I am not keen on the construction a complex box of PCB's not good to work on. The power supply description a bit confusing and not keen on spec for the Frequency response,
Yes designed by a industrial designer, but not a electronics or audio engineer. Maybe it the translation but 7GHz is not 700KHz.
And for the digital electronics splatted everywhere, would put me right of, designed by a instruction writer not a analogue engineer for a analogue world.
But does it sound good and correct, does your foot tap, do you sing along and dance with the music, if so GREAT enjoy.

Well I'll say this much there is certainly a lot of stuff in there, I can only imagine it cost more than my house.

That's going to be fun, unless it's on the floor on an amp stand or even a top shelf, I don't fancy trying sliding that into place in a middle shelf, you'd definitely need to have had your weetabix.

Health to enjoy @graystoke4 (mind your back!) , what's the spec, apart from the weight, is it a big class A or ??

In all fairness we didn't have too much trouble in locating it on the bottom shelf of a Hutter Rack. Two man lift though, then build up the rack which is quite simple with Hutter, luckily it just fit in with enough room for it to 'breath'. I did put a couple of pieces of wood between the base and the first shelf, even though Hutter says it would hold more than 61kg, just to be on the safe side.

Very interesting web site, http://en.audionet.de/machines/humboldt/#top, I am not keen on the construction a complex box of PCB's not good to work on. The power supply description a bit confusing and not keen on spec for the Frequency response,
Yes designed by a industrial designer, but not a electronics or audio engineer. Maybe it the translation but 7GHz is not 700KHz.
And for the digital electronics splatted everywhere, would put me right of, designed by a instruction writer not a analogue engineer for a analogue world.
But does it sound good and correct, does your foot tap, do you sing along and dance with the music, if so GREAT enjoy.

Colin, I quite agree with you on the complexity of this amp, and understand it would not be something you would design, but does it make you sing and dance along, you bloody well betcha it does :cool:

Currently enjoying the glowing performance of Audionet's WATT integrated amplifier with a Denafrips Ares II and Monitor Audio's 5G Gold 300's :)

My brother was recommended the Watt when originally buying the Amp 1, and I understand the owner of a shop who was a dealer before you, used the Watt as his personal amp. That's a nice set-up you've got there, wouldn't mind hearing it, no, no, I can't afford anything like that, are you now selling Denafrips?

advertisement

Back