Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

HUMBOLDT, new amp

Discussion in 'audio' started by graystoke4, May 22, 2021.

1. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

Hi, well i have sold my Spectral , and bought this, Audionet Humboldt , integrated amp, from the nice guys from Emporium Hifi, bit of a shock, as i received it on Tuesday, as only plugged it in on Thursday, played it Friday, but playing it properly tonight, not much of a difference on Thursday new amp was cold and i don't really know how many hours on it, but the Spectral is SO good it will give anything a run for it's money, and i have had Spectral for over 20 years , and you do get used to a house sound, fast, clear, precise on the money ,
    There is no ON or OFF switch on the Hum, it is supposed to be left on all the time in standby, so i left it on standby from yesterday, wow, its faster without being forced, more musical, deeper, and just feels right, just sounds real, the music come's from such a black background it's uncanny,, sounds shite i know, but it's a real foot-tapper, But trying to get this thing 61kg up two flights of stairs with 2, 90 degree turns nearly killed us both, and that's out of the flight box, photos to follow, playing Ziggy stardust at the mo,

radamel, Musicraft, Cato and 8 others like this.
  2. Awesome!! :) What's the rest of the system (and cabling) ?

3. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

It's now, Esoteric K01-x cd player, and, MIT matrix HD60, interconnects and speaker cable, on an Audiphile base stand, if it can handle the weight, amp on the carpet at the moment,

radamel, Rana and Cereal Killer like this.
  4. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Wow, photos please, pretty please! I'm way down the foodchain with an Audionet DNA 2.0/EPS setup and I think the timing and sheer musical presence of the Audionet are hard to beat. I treated myself to an Aavik U-150 last months, but the Audionet has it licked in many respects.

5. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

My brother uses a Humboldt, simply the best intergrated I've ever heard, and better than many far more expensive pre-power options (I'm talking about you Absolute Sounds) I remember your post when you told us you were going to be demoing the Humboldt, there's someone who'll be selling his Spectral's was my immediate thought. I do hope you continue to enjoy your new purchase, welcome to the Audionet club.

Rana and Cereal Killer like this.
  6. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

Musicraft, ryder, Rana and 2 others like this.
  7. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

Wow, Teutonic style done big.

8. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

What a lovely looking thing, just imagine how many they’d sell with a better name than Audionet.

Antimarketing?

9. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Is it named for the squid?

10. Stemcor

Stemcor I should be listening to music

Let’s get straight to the important stuff.

How good does 2112 sound ?

11. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

I put the CD there for a size comparison, haven't played it yet, but one of my fave's is la villa strangiato, and i have never heard it sound so good,

Cereal Killer likes this.
  12. ryder

ryder pfm Member

61kg is no joke. The heaviest amp I owned weighs 38 kg and there are handles on the front and rear of the amp. I can't imagine carrying an amp that is more than 60kg without any handles. Must be an arduous task even when carried by 2 people.

The Humboldt looks good and is built like a tank. Enjoy ~

13. norliss

norliss pfm Member

My oh my, what an absolute monster of an integrated amplifier :eek: I'd wager that 61kg is probably heavier than most people walking the face of this earth! I bet it's an absolute belter :cool:

14. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

60+kg, I thought mine was bad. My racks shelf is on verge of its weight limit! I’d be scared of anything heavier.

15. Colin L

Colin L High-tech low-life

Each of my monoblock power amps is 60kg. That Humboldt is a small girls amp:D

16. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Some people just get exited over weight and watt (not envy)
    I can carry my IO amp in one hand:cool:

booja30 likes this.
  17. Stemcor

Stemcor I should be listening to music

Apologies for a tangential post but 2112 is one of my reference recordings. Only heard 1 system do this (and it’s not mine unfortunately) but you can actually hear the sound of Neil’s drumstick moving through the air before hitting the tom tom in parts of the overture.

graystoke4 likes this.
  18. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

61kg kind of cancels out the benefits of simplicity of an all in one. At least if you had a separate pre, amp, and streamer you could probably move them around yourself! :D

19. Blue Belle

Blue Belle pfm Member

That's a hum dinger of an amplifier, well done.

20. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

I look at it from a different angle, once you've got it in place, then no more bu----ing about.

Very pleased you're enjoying it Graystoke

booja30 and Cereal Killer like this.