advertisement

Hugar - More from Iceland :-)

Vinny

pfm Member
New to me again - just caught something from the new LP (released late May? - still trying to track that down), on R3 this morning, around 11.15, on Suzy Klein's show.

They have a couple of albums already released, at least, so shop around if this appeals

Hugar

Possibly the track from R3 - it includes basic details of the new release -

Iceland does seem to throw up some interesting music
Another group is For a Minor Reflection who were recommended on her by an old long standing poster. A bit like Explosions in the sky but without the American brashness :)

Very good Icelandic group,recommended

Somewhere here, there is thread that I started about "Scandinavian" music/bands, in the broadest sense, so including Iceland and Greenland. Some great music got a mention - contributions from a fishie from Finland (if memory serves).

They do seem to produce a massively disproportionately large number of great bands/musicians.

Greenlandic band - Nanook - very much worth a listen - lyrics all Greenlandic.

A couple more Scandinavian artists.I saw Myrkur at the Barbican in York a couple of years ago , brilliant concert
Kalandra are Norwegian and Katrine Stenbekk has to be one of the most underrated female vocalists.Have a listen to their version of Wardruna's Helvegen

advertisement

Back