advertisement

Hows this for a nice bit of parking?

SteveG

pfm Member
Just back from walking the dog and passed this lovely bit of parking not far from my house:
169272481.WxUl4zmH.jpg
169272482.htY3yR9K.jpg

No-one in it or around it either! Not only is it completely blocking the pavement it's also right beside the bus stop.

I'll pop out and check again in an hour or so - if it's still there then I'm tempted to report it to the police as surely that's got to be abandoned?

It's not near a student house is it? When I was a student there was a Mini that regularly jumped up an 8" kerb in South Kensington. All 4 wheels, too.

Ah it's not too bad - from the looks of Pic 1, it's directly opposite a junction, so there'll be plenty of room to get by.

It's not near a student house is it? When I was a student there was a Mini that regularly jumped up an 8" kerb in South Kensington. All 4 wheels, too.

Nope - leafy commuter suburb of Edinburgh.

It's a bit chaotic here at the moment as half of the place is being dug up by a company installing fibre cable to each an every house, another one doing a water mains upgrade and finally the council have several vans out upgrading the street lighting (installing sensors). So I'm assuming that there were possibly lorries parked either side of that spot when the car was "parked" but they've moved now (possibly using the bus-stop across the road to head into Edinburgh). Still doesn't excuse it as there are a zillion other places nearby where you could park without doing that.

Ah it's not too bad - from the looks of Pic 1, it's directly opposite a junction, so there'll be plenty of room to get by.

It's across from the entrance into a housing cul de sac and it's not all that busy a road, so no real problem getting past in a car. Not ideal if you're either using the bus stop or walking to the shops though.

Handbrake failed and it's rolled back would be my guess.

+1

I saw this years ago when picking my kids up from school, the car slowly rolled across the road up the kerb and stopped.

You should have seen the look on the woman's face when she came back!

Pete

advertisement

Back