advertisement

How would you describe the Rega sound?

get you local dealer to let you have a home demo. But I bet you will love it, rega gear is very special IMO.

rega gear is very special IMO.

I agree, Rega gear is so musical, I find myself prefering listen to music through my rega combo than other stuff that I have here and it is (or was) much more expensive than Rega gear. My Rega combo sounds so articulated, tuneful, full of tone, body and emotion.
Bear in mind, the combo that I'm talking about is composed by: Amplifier Rega Brio (first version), Cd player Rega Planet (first version too) and Leema Xero speakers which complement very well Rega Gear because they also sound articulated, full of tone and body.

I didn't hear the Rega dac but I bet it sounds articulated and tuneful as all Rega products that I've heard.

I owned a Rega Mira 3 and then bought a NAD 3020 Series 20 just to try it out. The Rega left the following week. The NAD just served up sooo much more musical enjoyment.

Has also owned the Elex, the Ela mk. 1 and is currently owning an Apollo and a Planar 3.
The Ela mk. 1 is still a personal favourite of mine. But I must admit, that I'll probably soon be Rega-less. To me the housesound tends to be a bit boring. I'll still like to audition the new Brio though. Never heard the Brio and have heard that it should be a bit more snappy.

Picked up the final two pieces of my Rega system today (Brio R and Rega DAC).

Just need to slide the amp and dac into my stand tomorrow morning then its party time!!

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!!

System is:
Brio R
Rega DAC
RS3's
P3 24 TT (Goldring 2500 MM) + TT PSU
Mac Mini iTunes (Pure Music) lossless.

I'm coming from a surround sound receiver so I'm hoping its some step up. Its my first venture into vinyl as well.

I didn't demo the system and I know people will scream at me for not doing so, but If I don't get on with the sound at least I've experienced a nice Rega setup and I can move on and chalk it up to experience.

I picked up the RS3's and the P3 24 for very very good prices SH and I'd get my money back if I sold them on. I'd probably lose 20% on the DAC and amp combined if I did sell those two. Not a major loss in total. I've hedged my bets I feel.

But I'm sure it won't come to that. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Its weird because its felt like I've been on a conveyor belt or acting in a scene, everything has slotted into place and things have come together at the right time. Very strange.

Can't wait till day break!!

:D:D:D

It depends what sort of sound you are used to and like and your room.
In my bright souless little hovel, Rega works very well. It's not flash or brash, cor listen to that bass hear that detail but you can leave it on for hours and hours. Very musical.

Sent from my mobile, excuse all typos

He'll be too busy enjoying his tunes ... :) well done Hi Five. Very nice system. I had a Rega/micromega system for years. Rega is very easy to live with, hope they last you a long time.

Hi all.

Sorry about the delay in replying. I've had to move my system to another room which is a bit of a pain but anyway, I've had a rather good listen to the setup and I'm over the moon with it.

How would I describe? Very fluid and open. Sometimes the music just washes over you and sometimes you get taken away with the music and get lost in the song.

I'm finding the DAC is a big improvement over the Dacmagic. The way it drags up detail is amazing. I was listening to the The Kick Inside by Kate Bush and the detailing was superb and really added to the cohesion of the tracks. It also has a nice warm signature which complements the leanness of the RS3's perfectly. Another album I listened to was the remastered Kraftwerk album Computer World - the lovely warm synth textures just washed over me. It was awesome!

The DAC has only had a few hours on the clock so that will improve with time.

Loving the P3 24/Goldring 2500 combo as well. I'm finding it actually equals the DAC for SQ. Its my first turntable and I just love the sound of analogue. The mid frequencies just sound so warm and inviting and I prefer it to CD. I'm in the process of buying all my favourite albums on vinyl and what I have got so far have all been excellent. Some deals to be had on ebay if you look around.

The Brio R is awesome too and is plenty enough for the RS3's.

I suppose you can tell I'm chuffed with it all and I'm certain it will give me many years of happy listening.

:)

I have Naim 152/155 in the middle of an otherwise Rega setup. A good mix but if I was starting from scratch other than an RP1/3 then I would good the same route you have.

Black or silver?

Jono

I have the new DAC and new Brio R. Using a Planet as the transport. I was all Naim before this. Now I would not go back. The rega system has bags of detail and timing. Brilliant presentation that makes you sit up and listen. For the first time in a long time I'm just listening to music and doing very little else.

advertisement

Back