advertisement

How to stop one remote working two amps volume

snaphappybob

pfm Member
Not sure there's an answer save masking tape over the remote receiver but here goes.
I'm using a Marantz NR1510 for TV & films. This is connected via its pre outs to a Naim Nac82.
Unfortunately they both use the same remote frequencies for the volume. Normally I'd just set the 82 to 12 O'clock and use the Marantz remote do the work but unfortunately both volumes rotate so it either gets too loud or too quiet from the front speakers.
Any suggestions?

Can you pop the top off and put a piece of paper between the IR receiver and the fascia? Or disconnect a wire from the volume pot motor? Both approaches should be relatively non-destructive and reversible. If all else fails, cut a piece of electrical tape to the shape of the IR window and stick it over the top. You can remove it and clean the residue with some alcohol when you want the remote to work again.

If you want to still use the Naim remote to control inputs on the NAC82 then cutting the volume pot motor wire(s) is probably the best option.

I 've had similar problems with TV, sat and freview boxes etc more than once. Latest issue was with Humax Freesat and Freview boxes that would both respond to each others remotes and actually did different things to each box, Freesat box would change to displaying epg when Freview box remote used to FF a recording for example. Manuals no use in solving problem. Posting a question on Humax website gave me the answer that it is possible to change the remotes transmitter channel and matching boxes receive channel, so that they are on different channels to the other box/ device. You only need to do one remote/ device.

Not sure there's an answer save masking tape over the remote receiver but here goes.
I'm using a Marantz NR1510 for TV & films. This is connected via its pre outs to a Naim Nac82.
Unfortunately they both use the same remote frequencies for the volume. Normally I'd just set the 82 to 12 O'clock and use the Marantz remote do the work but unfortunately both volumes rotate so it either gets too loud or too quiet from the front speakers.
Any suggestions?
It’s often possible to set a box to use a different IR code so that it no longer responds to a command that’s not intended to control it. I’ve come across this as a solution with Naim streamers, which can be changed, but I’m not sure about Marantz. Maybe worth checking out if their support can help. Otherwise I guess just cover up the receiver with a bit of tape.

advertisement

Back