advertisement

How to Sell a Modest Record Collection?

S-Man

Kinkless Tetrode Admirer
I'm sure there have been threads about this, but can't seem to find any.

SInce I no longer have a record player I am looking to find a new home for my modest collection of about 100 LPs. They are mostly rock and pop from the 70s and 80s. I don't think there are any valuable items e.g. Jethro Tull Thick as a Brick with the foldout newspaper is not worth much it seems. Condition is mostly "decent" although a few are crackly (which is why I stopped buying LPs).

I would prefer to sell the whole lot in one go.

Any recommendations for the easiest way to do this?

All in one shot to a dealer or privately here. It makes no sense to do otherwise. You'll not get much I suspect. You'll really need to list them, but at 100 that is no huge task.

Ask @Tony L - he's never going to do anything but a fair deal.

A lot of people seem to use Discogs nowadays

I've used it to sell a few CD's, it's in my opinion better than Ebay for selling music

Depends if you want to spend the time listing individual items or want to sell as a job lot

Thanks for the replies - super quick!

Tony - Maybe we can arrange a time for me to bring them over to you for a look?
I'm in Leeds so could venture over the "border" sometime :).

I expect it would be OK for you to look at them in the boot of my car? Or if I put them on your doorstep and went several yards away?

and if that doesn't work out donate them to Headway brain injury charity via me.

I am a couple of miles from junction 28 - Off the M1. Just down the road from Leeds.

Always after stuff that isn't Slim Whitman/Jim Reeves :)

advertisement

Back