advertisement

How to read PFM more efficiently

Tw99

source last
I use a few forums that are also based on Xenforo, which seemed to have more flexible searching and reading options, that weren't available on PFM. In particular I wanted to be able to do a search for unread content that was in a subset of all the forums.

It turns out that this is still possible, even if the UI isn't visible for it. The following search will return new posts in your watched threads or forums only.

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/find-new/posts/?watched=1&unread=1

Posting in case it's useful for anyone else.

That's really helpful, thanks.

I'm now watching a few forums but have turned off alerts for them, so this gives a nice list of new posts without a separate notification for each one.

Update: make sure you copy the text of that link and save as a bookmark, rather than just clicking on the link and saving the resultant page (which you'll see has a post number in it which if kept in will continue to give you the same list of threads it did first time, including those now read).

And once you've read through all the new threads in your list if you click 'Mark forums as read' it will mark all forums as read, including those you are not watching.

Quality find that.

advertisement

Back