advertisement

How to make ‘er indoors cry.

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
Just in from a bit of time on the turbo trainer in the garage. I said all I need now is WiFi in the garage and a heart rate monitor.
She replied that that’s my next birthday present (December) sorted.
So I said that I might be dead by then.

Oops. And me laughing didn’t help.

If you really want to get your heart rate up on the turbo trainer then I can recommend either doing some races on Zwift or alternatively trying some of the Sufferfest videos (if they still do those - that's what I used to use before I got a smart trainer).

Nooooooooo thank you. Just want to keep my legs working. I’ve reduced my monthly outgoings too, don’t want to build them up again!

Nooooooooo thank you. Just want to keep my legs working. I’ve reduced my monthly outgoings too, don’t want to build them up again!

The other thing I did pre-Zwift was to record my own rides using a GoPro then run those videos on my laptop when on the turbo trainer.

I use to have a job that paid life insurance of 3 times annual income if you died at work. I told my wife if I died at home drive me to the nearest store and dump me in the plant room.
I’ve been to a few interviews when they offer life insurance as a benefit and I always ask if I can have the cover for my wife instead as at least it’s a benefit to me. It doesn’t get many smiles though. Just realised why I don’t get these jobs.

My job provides Death in Service benefits, so she can do me in at any time, any place, and she’ll get the full whack.

Eat a raw onion, followed by some pickled onion, followed by a few mushy peas, followed by some sprouts and finish all off with some bake beans on toast. The fall out will keep her crying for days! :D:D:D

advertisement

Back