advertisement

How much more of this in France ?

New to me, Eisenach; the article kept mentioning Thursday, but no date was listed anywhere (or in The Guardian headers) so I guess it's this morning. France probably has a much greater problem with this religiously deranged behaviour by dint of its former colonial heritage and more recent immigration influx

As if France isn't facing an uphill struggle with Covid. Gun shops in the U.S.A. sold more firearms this last 6 months that in all of 2019. Oddly, they were permitted to keep trading in lock-downs. A violent and large street protest in Baghdad a few days ago was in observation and remembrance of another, 1 year ago, where many got shot. A protest to celebrate a protest?

Hard to rationalise all these disparate anomalies, really.

New to me, Eisenach; the article kept mentioning Thursday, but no date was listed anywhere (or in The Guardian headers) so I guess it's this morning. France probably has a much greater problem with this religiously deranged behaviour by dint of its former colonial heritage and more recent immigration influx

As if France isn't facing an uphill struggle with Covid. Gun shops in the U.S.A. sold more firearms this last 6 months that in all of 2019. Oddly, they were permitted to keep trading in lock-downs. A violent and large street protest in Baghdad a few days ago was in observation and remembrance of another, 1 year ago, where many got shot. A protest to celebrate a protest?

Hard to rationalise all these disparate anomalies, really.

Yes, it's today. Of course it's being heavily reported on the France 2 lunchtime news. There have been attacks on French interests abroad over the last few hours as well. Coming after the murder of the history-geography teacher a few days ago, people are getting really tired and angry, anger that's stoked by the usual political suspects.

The Nice area has had a real bashing in recent weeks, with Covid, the devastating flooding in the valleys a bit further north and now this.

Three dead, one decapitated, in a church !
The (nearly) decapitated person is an elderly woman who went there for her early prayers. How on earth is such brutality possible.

Emmanuel Macron has got neither the easiest, nor the safest job at the moment. OTOH Erdogan is apparently becoming a global leader of terrorism.

I thought the Erdogan cartoon was a bit shit anyway. I can't believe he was offended by that, unless there's another agenda. Oh.

Not for the first time people come out from their simplistic bubbles to post insanely simplistic (so called) answers to massively complicated problems.

If only.

No different whatsoever to Northern Ireland oh so recently, or N Myanmar, or Afghanistan, or India, or Pakistan, or central Africa, or countless other places around the world.

I thought the Erdogan cartoon was a bit shit anyway. I can't believe he was offended by that, unless there's another agenda. Oh.

Perhaps he's still smarting from the love poem from Boris to the ****ara from Ankara who apparently enjoys the company of goats. Our PM, the gift that keeps giving (to Ancori, Dido, Cummings, The Sauds....).

Another man shot dead in Avignon after threatening the public with a hand gun and refusing to drop it.
France gone in to full terrorist alert status.

170px-Charliehebdo.jpg

When Samuel Paty was decapitated outside his school a couple of weeks ago (he had upset his killer because he showed his class a Charlie Hebdo cartoon like the one above in a course on satire) on the news in France people said that it was quite common for high school teachers to be unable to discuss Israel, the Shoah, Charlie Hebdo, without being heckled by some of their pupils and harangued by some of their pupils’ parents.

One French person I know in London talks about how there are estates in France which are effectively no go zones for the police and which are managed and run by Muslim people who are opposed to enlightenment ideas, and who vigorously impose Sharia on the residents. This is the sort of thing which comes up not infrequently in modern French novels - admittedly all written by middle class white blokes like Michel Houellebecq and Daniel Rondeau.

I don’t know how true these things are. Neither do I know whether similar things are going on in England - but not as far as I know.

Trump told his adoring public that London had no go Muslim controlled areas.

It isn't Trump, as such - I have had queries about this BS about various parts of the UK, and far worse total horse-droppings, from a friend in the US for 2-3-4 years.

Didn`t Fox News broadcast some rubbish about no go areas in Birmingham a couple of years ago?

I believe that they did.

What can you say? Apart from that I'd cheerfully str***** all of the nutters who choose to fan the flames.

That said, I am very at-home with Asian people and if I visit friends in areas of Brum or Leicester where it is almost 100% Asian families, or when I shop in Asian shops, I get very odd looks often as not, because I am the token white man. Ask anyone anything, or just say "good morning" and they relax, presumably because they can then assume that I am not an insane NF member looking for trouble.

When Samuel Paty was decapitated outside his school a couple of weeks ago (he had upset his killer because he showed his class a Charlie Hebdo cartoon like the one above in a course on satire) on the news in France people said that it was quite common for high school teachers to be unable to discuss Israel, the Shoah, Charlie Hebdo, without being heckled by some of their pupils and harangued by some of their pupils’ parents.

One French person I know in London talks about how there are estates in France which are effectively no go zones for the police and which are managed and run by Muslim people who are opposed to enlightenment ideas, and who vigorously impose Sharia on the residents. This is the sort of thing which comes up not infrequently in modern French novels - admittedly all written by middle class white blokes like Michel Houellebecq and Daniel Rondeau.

I don’t know how true these things are. Neither do I know whether similar things are going on in England - but not as far as I know.

If you have no idea of the veracity why are you posting nothing more than hearsay and tittle tattle?

If you have no idea of the veracity why are you posting nothing more than hearsay and tittle tattle?

Yes, you're right to ask. The answer is this: when it came up on the French news that teachers in schools were constrained by parents and pupils from teaching about the holocaust etc, I thought it may well be more than tittle tattle. This was on channels like France Info and France 5.

Here's an article about Conflans which may be interesting, may not

https://www.20minutes.fr/sante/2888...temoignent-contestations-cours-eleves-parents

I thought about starting a thread about it here because I wondered whether any of the teachers had experienced similar things -- there are people who are familiar with many different schools (I am, but only primary.)

Certainly the French have a concept of zone de non-droit, which I think is more than a sink estate -- it seems to be a genuine no go area for the authorities. These certainly exist and a friend of mine who lived on one in Seine Saint Denis talked about how Sharia in some form is enforced amongst the Muslim women especially. I'm not sure we have them here.

Certainly the French have a concept of zone de non-droit, which I think is more than a sink estate -- it seems to be a genuine no go area for the authorities. These certainly exist and a friend of mine who lived on one in Seine Saint Denis talked about how Sharia in some form is enforced amongst the Muslim women especially. I'm not sure we have them here.
Not Sharia law but I know very well that in parts of Leeds and Bradford the teachers work with the local Imams to get the boys in line. A teacher mate of mine was getting a load of grief from 2 or 3 lads, he was complaining to another teacher who said "have a word with the Imam, he'll sort them out". He had a good relationship with the Imam so he did, next week not a word. What on earth did he do? Not much, called them in the office after mosque, a short discussion involving a cane and a beating few of us would forget. My pal never called it in again, never needed to. "Do you want me to discuss this with the Imam?" No thanks , I know very well my mate got the s**t beaten out of him and the promise of some more if there were any further reports of bad behaviour in school. I'll pass, and I'll keep my head down.

Obviously nobody reports this to the police. It's not Sharia law but it's certainly a community making their own rules.

advertisement

Back