advertisement

How much difference could a simple Banana plug make?

Yping

pfm Member
Just thought that I should let you know of my experience with the the KLEI Classic Harmony Banana Connector/Adaptor. I have been using these as adapters, attached to the existing bananas, and they sound great. Just better sound, timbre, PRaF, etc across the audio range.

Others have indicated exceptional results with them also, on these threads How much difference could a simple Banana plug make? and Binding Post Jumpers - New Product!!!
From posts I have read they seem to go very well with dueland wire and helix wire.

Interesting, would love to know your thoughts and has anyone tried them?

Last edited:
The Harmony Banana does sound like an intriguing proposition. I’m in the market for bananas with perpendicular cable entry to suit the Devialet and biwire WB’s. I could use 12 pieces as free samples and write a review. Thanks!

;);)
The Harmony Banana does sound like an intriguing proposition. I’m in the market for bananas with perpendicular cable entry to suit the Devialet and biwire WB’s. I could use 12 pieces as free samples and write a review. Thanks!

Dec, you are a bad man. ;)

"Effect they have as quantum"

I suggest you go off and read a physics text book and then you'll realise what a complete load of tosh it is that you've written.

I would also like to see some kind of explanation as to the cause of the miraculous effect of a termination? I accept there may be small differences in impedance, physical contact, etc. How do these small differences translate in to the massive changes you've experienced?

But if you think it's great then fair enough. But please try to have at least a basic understanding of terminology you use, rather than just repeating the tosh you've read elsewhere.

I can believe that this change did make a difference. I suspect the cause is more likely to have been down to unplugging and reconnecting cleaning the contacts or the adapter resulting in a better mechanical fit than any miracle quality of the adapter itself.

Some banana plugs are really bad, a lot of bent wire and pressed, but not cold welded or gas tight contacts

Just thought that I should let you know, although I haven't tried this, Total Contact. From what I have read, so far, I would describe the effects as quite amazing.

Last edited:
As far as I’m aware, no one’s ever been harmed by a banana plug or a banana plug product placement thread for that matter. It gets the blood circulating on a Saturday morning...

Have you tried EU Bananas? I`ve heard they`re straight up.

advertisement

Back