advertisement

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government?

How long before a vote of no confidence in Johnson's Government?

• Within a week.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Within a month

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Before October 31st

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • After a no deal Brexit

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 41 29.7%
  • After failing to deliver Brexit on October 31st

Votes: 21 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, please. The only people in a panic are LibDems who chose the wrong Leader...again. Your posts become more hysterical by the hour.
Inclined to agree her performance on who should lead the government is very poor. Regardless of what she thought about Corbyn she should have held her counsel.
Funny all the same auld games are being played out such as Gove and his we will not put up a border on NI. It is like blithely suggesting 1 and 1 is 3 the EU might think otherwise but we know 1 and 1 is 3.

Maybe I'm imagining things but haven't certain people here often said that Labour's manifesto was very good, but that was irrelevant if the party leader was incompetent, ineffectual, not a good speaker in the HoC etc etc?

But it's different for the Lib-Dems?

These numbers aren’t magic, and neither are polls. I don’t know how this level of faith survived 2017.

Agreed, I suspect it will be worse for Labour and better for the Lib Dems.

PS I’m the one who won a bet on a hung parliament with decent odds in 2017!

In that case, no government work would get done as they would spend every day doing nothing but handing out NDAs all day. Anyway that would assume every business person in the country would have to have everything they say vetted by some public body to see if the government was happy about what they were saying.

I noticed on tonight’s news that local authorities that are making contingency plans for possible food shortages are being accused of promoting project fear!

What do the brexshiteers want us all to do?

**** all I suppose.

I simply asked for Tony's view of Swinson as leader of a party which claims to be to the left of the Tories. I agree that the leader is not, or should not be seen as 'the party'.

I suppose though that Swinson is living proof that since the Tories became the Far Right, you don't have to move left,very far.. or even at all, to be a successor to those who so gleefully jumped into bed with Cameron, allowing him the power and the opportunity to start the whole Brexit calamity. Also, whatever lies Swinson might be victim of.. I imagine her voting record is undeniable.

Current odds from http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/11219866/UK+General+Election

General Election Result
4/6
No Overall Majority
7/4 Conservative Majority
15/2 Labour Majority
25/1 Liberal Democrat Majority
33/1 Brexit Party Majority
750/1 Change UK Majority
750/1 UKIP Majority

Most Seats in General Election
4/9
Conservative
5/2 Labour
10/1 Liberal Democrat
14/1 Brexit Party
250/1 Greens
500/1 Change UK
500/1 UKIP

Year Of Next General Election
4/9
9/4 2020
20/1 2021
14/1 2022 or later

So a hung parliament in 2019 it is then...

I noticed on tonight’s news that local authorities that are making contingency plans for possible food shortages are being accused of promoting project fear!

What do the brexshiteers want us all to do?

**** all I suppose.
I’ve heard that Ireland is actually very well-prepared for no deal, but that it’s politically impossible to prepare the UK. It really is the worst bluff ever.

More UK centric large businesses - ports and airports being a good example - have been more vocal about the issues. But they also (as noted above) have often been gagged. I can tell you that HMRC is about as ready for Brexit as I am to take on Mohammed Ali in his prime - but they (who collectively would carry weight) can't without retribution from Whitehall. If you are largely UK based then you require licensing and approvals from all sorts of government agencies. Keeping quiet is the price for being kept in the loop and being able to continue. Many of these businesses are about to fail anyway. But complaining too loud may ensure that failure.

This is all conjecture isn't it, or have you clear evidence that government agencies will hold back licences etc from companies that complain about Brexit. "Yes we agree your new factory will create 1000 jobs in Wolverhampton, but your building application is refused because you have said Brexit has not helped your companies profit levels".

If anything like that was happening businesses would dessert the Tories and funding would dry up.

I suppose though that Swinson is living proof that since the Tories became the Far Right, you don't have to move left,very far.. or even at all, to be a successor to those who so gleefully jumped into bed with Cameron, allowing him the power and the opportunity to start the whole Brexit calamity. Also, whatever lies Swinson might be victim of.. I imagine her voting record is undeniable.

You support a party that has for the past three years been sitting on the fence trying to decide if the far-right English nationalism and isolationism sold by a bunch of ultra-wealthy disaster capitalists is a good idea or not, and still doesn’t quite seem to have ruled it out. A party that is currently under external investigation for its utterly woeful handling of institutional racism etc. A party so piss-poor and lacking in coherent message it is actually moving backwards against the worst right-wing popularism the UK has ever seen. So please, no lectures!

Agreed, I suspect it will be worse for Labour and better for the Lib Dems.

I think that might have inspired some overreach! I’d hold onto your cash this time.

Odds on a Labour as largest party are tempting, mind. I’m not a betting man but the odds on a Lib Dem majority seem very precisely poised to separate LD optimists from their money.

This is all conjecture isn't it, or have you clear evidence that government agencies will hold back licences etc from companies that complain about Brexit. "Yes we agree your new factory will create 1000 jobs in Wolverhampton, but your building application is refused because you have said Brexit has not helped your companies profit levels".

If anything like that was happening businesses would dessert the Tories and funding would dry up.

I am unable to comment more specifically without breaking a number of NDAs!

A mere trifle.

I think that might have inspired some overreach! I’d hold onto your cash this time.

Odds on a Labour as largest party are tempting, mind. I’m not a betting man but the odds on a Lib Dem majority seem very precisely poised to separate LD optimists from their money.

Not a hope in hell of a LD majority, agreed. I’ve never suggested that for a second.

My guess, as I keep on saying, is that Johnson and Farage will do a deal where the latter only stands in working class leave areas to deliberately target Labour. The LDs, PC and Greens may well also do similar deals, all of which will be an utter disaster for an already hopelessly weak Labour, but hopefully in the long-term be the stick that breaks the back of the long-failed FPTP system. A demonstration to all as to how it can be gamed. I suspect the polls and betting are pretty accurate in that the Tories will be largest party, but short of a majority, and maybe a less than the combined left/centre. The thing I just don’t know is how well Farage/Banks’ con-trick will do in the many northern working class leave areas that hate Corbyn. My bet at this stage is certainly better than the one seat the Labour activist site suggested.

Take Farage/Banks out of the equation and things obviously change substantially. I can’t see Johnson being much of a worry in deprived working class areas.

PS I’m not betting on this one, no odds for the most likely outcome are worth having.

You might want to check who gives the Tories lots of money. Media moguls, ex-Putin ministers, a lot of foreign businesses and businessmen rather than more "normal" Uk and international businesses. People who want a change in the law, people who want to make sure Levenson II never sees the light if day. Not much in the way of real wealth creators.

I wonder how many voted for Brexit, a position IIRC you initially supported.
I'd say the answer is none would vote for the Lib-Dems just as none would vote for the Tories.

I can't imagine any homeless (assuming they could) voting for either of them either.

Such people need radical change. They need Jeremy Corbyn as PM.

Lib-Dem centrism is only for the comfortably off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back