advertisement

How Horns work!

Interesting to be able to hear horns and more conventional speakers at Cranage yesterday.
Albeit hard to make comparisons in different rooms/systems.

User211, from the above it would certainly looks like the point you are trying to make relates to dispersion - if this is not the case then you will have to clarify. No doubt the direct radiating bass from the horn speaker and the actual horn mouth do have different dispersion characteristics, but then so will the line source ribbon tweeters and the bass panels in your own speakers.

Edit: OK, have re-read some of your posts and they were as I recalled - perhaps you should re-read mine without your 'Apogees are the panacea to all issues' glasses on? There's no 'magic bullet' here.

Since when have I claimed Apogees solve all issues? As I keep stating everything is flawed, and I have conceded the Apogees are too.

Your post is a non-post. You just are not absorbing what I have said. I can't understand why. The points have been simple.

Just let it go it really isn't important.

Back to horns version 3...

Pointless videos? Great!

Still the best I've heard and it's got little to do with the horn I suspect. The cabinet and crossover are rather special though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pointless videos? Great!

Still the best I've heard and it's got little to do with the horn I suspect. The cabinet and crossover are rather special though.

Vocals seem chesty, and piano has a nasty honk to it. Nice dynamics though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely spot on there Yank. You must have a very good ear/lap top/understanding of recording process.

Yup. And that video was undoubtedly shot with a super HQ camera and a reference quality microphone.

They look as though they can shift some serious air though. Might be very good with electronic music/reggae..

Always a danger when looking at a speaker and trying to imagine the sound. Big Westlakes IME sound more panel like than many panels.

advertisement

Back