advertisement

How good is Well Tempered Simplex

Hi Peter and Paul, hope your both well!
Being the chap who bought the obs from Paul and quickly realised they didn’t suit my room and sold them to Peter, I too am a WT Simplex owner and cannot praise it enough! It replaced a Rega RP8!
I sold my Roksan amp and went to a SN2, which works really well with my deck and smaller stand mounts!
Cheers John!

The size is very appealing. How much do they give away to the Amadeus? 2nd hand the Amadeus seems not much more expensive, but looks a good bit bigger.

The size is very appealing. How much do they give away to the Amadeus? 2nd hand the Amadeus seems not much more expensive, but looks a good bit bigger.

Amadeus: 480mm (W) x 410mm (D) x ?* (H)

Simplex: 380mm (W) x 380mm x (D) x 150mm (H)

*Can't find the height online. I do own the Versalex which has a height of 160mm so it should be around that.

I have a question for the Simplex owners.
What size are the feet?
My table on which my Lp12 is standing only has a depth of 350mm.

What size are the feet?

The simplex is 380 x 380 and looks like the squash balls are set about 15 mm in from each edge so you may get away with a 350mm table.

I know it sits easily on Isoblue as that's what I had with mine and had enough space for a cover to sit over the top

IMG_0175 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr
IMG_0010 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

The Amadeus, which has a bigger plinth that may affect feet spacing, just about fits on the Target wall shelf my LP12 sat on, with 3 of the feet overhanging the edge of the wooden shelf part by maybe 1cm.

I've never heard a Simplex, but looking at it, I can only hope it sports a smoked dust cove, and that keeping the cover down while it's playing doesn't degrade the sound.

I've never heard a Simplex, but looking at it, I can only hope it sports a smoked dust cove, and that keeping the cover down while it's playing doesn't degrade the sound.

One like this?

Linn-Sondek-LP12-Deck-with-Basic-Arm.jpg

What size are the feet?

On the Simplex 2 the feet are spaced 30cm apart (measured from centre to centre), except for the back left foot which is brought forward slightly to accommodate the motor. It should sit comfortably on your existing table.

Does it matter if it sounds good.

Are you an LP12 owner by any chance?
Yes, it does matter, especially at that cost. Someone (not the retailer) is making a lot of money on those decks. If they were £499 that would be different.

Yes, it does matter, especially at that cost. Someone (not the retailer) is making a lot of money on those decks. If they were £499 that would be different.

You said the same thing last year and I answered it back then.

advertisement

Back