1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I tell what geometry this cartridge set-up tool uses?

Discussion in 'audio' started by nmtjb, Dec 4, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

1. nmtjb

nmtjb pfm Member

[​IMG]

I have this old Pluto gauge and have used it a few times to set up cartridges with its simple alignment grid and it seems to give decent results with 9" arms. The Feickert tool has Baerwald, Lofgren and Stephenson options, and I'm interested to know what this tool is set to. I assume, probably Baerwald but is there a quick, (simple for me) way of checking?

I've emailed Pluto but no reply and can't find any online info for this particular tool.

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Measure the centre of the spindle hole to the stylus cross-hair. That will almost certainly show it to be either Stevenson or Baerwald (60 or 66mm IIRC).

3. nmtjb

nmtjb pfm Member

Great thanks Tony, 66mm it is.

4. PBB

PBB pfm Member

Contact Disney, Pluto still works there.

ralphj likes this.
  5. Strictly Stereo

Strictly Stereo Trade: Strictly Stereo

How long have you been walking around with that chestnut in your pocket?

6. PBB

PBB pfm Member

Sperm of the moment, no malice aforethought.