advertisement

How can i connect the Audiolab 8200 cdq to an vintage integrated Luxman LV 105?

cybermann

Hello,

I have just bought the 8200 cdq and will receive it tomorrow. I intend to use it as a preamp with my old Luxman LV 105 amp, but in the meantime is there any problem connecting this to my integrated amp or will it all go up in smoke? if it is possible, which volume control would i use (0 db) ?
Otherwise if i want to use it as a simple cd player (without preamp) how should i connect it to the luxman ?

The Audiolab replaces my tired CD player, the Pionner PD-S801. My floorstanding speakers are the System Audio SA-1750 and i'm very pleased with them.

All comments appreciated - and my apologies if this is actually a dumbass question!

Thanks,

Cybermann

Hi Cyberman,

Just set the Audiolab to 0dB, and use the Volume control on your Luxman Amplifier.

John

Hello,

I have just bought the 8200 cdq and will receive it tomorrow. I intend to use it as a preamp with my old Luxman LV 105 amp, but in the meantime is there any problem connecting this to my integrated amp or will it all go up in smoke?

Er, can't see why it would (go up in smoke) but I'm hoping you won't prove me wrong ....

if it is possible, which volume control would i use (0 db) ?

Not sure whether the Audiolab has fixed outputs as well as variable - if only variable outputs, suggest set the Audiolab to maximum output & use the amp's volume control to adjust levels.

Otherwise if i want to use it as a simple cd player (without preamp) how should i connect it to the luxman ?

Referring to the above, use fixed outputs if the Audiolab has these. Regular RCA - RCA ('phono') cables from CDP outputs to amplifier CD input.

The Audiolab replaces my tired CD player, the Pionner PD-S801. My floorstanding speakers are the System Audio SA-1750 and i'm very pleased with them.

All comments appreciated - and my apologies if this is actually a dumbass question!

Thanks,

Cybermann

Got it? Not rocket science!

Oh, and John (above) is the designer of this machine, so his advice is worth following!

Hi John and RSC,

Thanks for your quick answers.
The Luxman wasn't go up in smoke, but rather my brain and ears !
What an incredible sound i've got now with the 8200CDQ, plenty of details, deep defined bass well kept and treble "extension" and that is so natural and musical. I rediscovered my CD, what a joy !

advertisement

Back