advertisement

Holiday recommendations

Our Danube cruise holiday was cancelled at the last minute by Scenic. However we have managed to book a nice hotel in the New Forest for 5 nights in September at a pinch. We even found places in Foye and Christchurch, They are all at the upper price point but it isn't a holiday if you are not going to be pampered and enjoy yourself.

DV
wonderful ..we used to live in christchurch when students at a local college .fab place

There were Press reports only this past week that demand for holiday cottages in the SW has dropped back to pre pandemic levels and asking prices are being reduced as well. Not checked for myself.
I had this feedback from our ex letting agents in the Carbis Bay and associated local areas that bookings were a lot slower as-to-be-expected. We sold our holiday let earlier this year but still keep in touch and I help them with their office computers.

DV

Looks like we got off lightly by comparison. At least we didn't have to leave home and waste hours/days of our time and got our money back. In the past we have had two excellent river cruises with Scenic thus we were really looking forward this this holiday.

DV

By coincidence it is their third cruise with Scenic, they’ve done two French ones previously and loved them.

Cheers BB

By coincidence it is their third cruise with Scenic, they’ve done two French ones previously and loved them.

Cheers BB
It wouldn't be Bordeaux and Provence by any chance? Both very interesting but rather different. Walking on Roman roads and walking on English cobbles. Lots of surprises along the way such as the castle in Cadillac and the underground cathedral in St Emilion.

DV

It wouldn't be Bordeaux and Provence by any chance? Both very interesting but rather different. Walking on Roman roads and walking on English cobbles. Lots of surprises along the way such as the castle in Cadillac and the underground cathedral in St Emilion.

DV

I know one of them was Bordeaux, not sure about the other one.

Cheers BB

Not quite the same thing but we're travelling to Ireland in a bit and were hoping to spend the weekend in Dublin. The Travelodge was charging £360/night for Fridays and Saturdays.
Christ!
I thought the £500 for three nights in a central Edinburgh apartment during the fringe was steep.

Any recommendations for a pet friendly holiday cottage/house in the Devon/Dorset area
Looking to explore this area for a week or so in early September
Thanks

We have had a couple of holidays, with woofer in Devon and Cornwall. Prefer North Devon coast, less touristy, less people, great coastal paths. We used the usual cottage rental sites, you may be lucky with a cancellation. We booked in North Norfolk in late June with only a week before.

Dunno about Devon and Dorset but we recently booked a cottage in the Lakes in late September i.e. after all schools and colleges have gone back and there were absolutely stacks of options at pretty reasonable rates.

I'm a sucker for the coast so would recommend somewhere on the North Devon coast as well.

advertisement

Back