advertisement

Holbo II at G T Audio and Tron Electric...

GT

pfm Member
A stunning new turntable has arrived at G T Audio/Tron Electric all ready for 2022. The Holbo II is an air bearing turntable with an air bearing parallel tracking tonearm which provides a true high-end sound at an incredible price. Watch out for some amazing package deals combined with the excellent range of ZYX cartridges. Our demonstration Holbo II is currently fitted with a ZYX Omega MC cartridge. This turntable works extremely well with the Tron Convergence and Atlantic Phono stages. The latter to be officially launched in early 2022.

The picture shows the Holbo II connected to the Tron Nemesis MC transformer and Tron Nemesis RIAA phono stage.

L1466500-e1649314623764.jpeg

IMG_2141-e1649314683920.jpeg

L1466507-e1649314646255.jpeg

L1466502-e1649314661836.jpeg

Holbo II including tonearm £6800.
Holbo II including tonearm and ZYX R50 Bloom MC cartridge £7250.
The Holbo can be fitted with most good MC cartridges.

Contact Graham for further details.

Last edited:
Thank you. It sounds amazing too. :)

Set up is super precise, so you can dial in the cartridge absolutely perfectly with pretty much micrometer adjustment and with the right cartridge (mass and compliance) you have perfect tracking, and you can hear this very clearly.

Thank you. It sounds amazing too. :)

Set up is super precise, so you can dial in the cartridge absolutely perfectly with pretty much micrometer adjustment and with the right cartridge (mass and compliance) you have perfect tracking, and you can hear this very clearly.

Excuse my ignorance, what is that blue thingy on the front of the cartridge?:)

Excuse my ignorance, what is that blue thingy on the front of the cartridge?:)

Quoted from the manufacturers website:

Lapis lazuli Balancing Weight
A spherical object fixed to the front nose of the cartridge is a balancing weight to accord the sweet spot of the cartridge body and the gravity point of vibration system. Having checked up materials and repeated audio monitoring, a nonmetal Lapis lazuli ball having hardness 5.0, specific gravity 2.5, diameter 8mm, and weight about 1 gram is put in at the most appropriate position to form the best cartridge structure.
The Lapis Lazuli ball has another important merit than centroid control. Due to its composition blended of a few kinds of sodalite having spherical shape, vibrating wave flown from the north pole of the ball is absorbed in the crystal architecture mingled inside, and vibrating wave running down the ball surface is finally cancelled at the south pole of the ball.

Quoted from the manufacturers website:

Lapis lazuli Balancing Weight
A spherical object fixed to the front nose of the cartridge is a balancing weight to accord the sweet spot of the cartridge body and the gravity point of vibration system. Having checked up materials and repeated audio monitoring, a nonmetal Lapis lazuli ball having hardness 5.0, specific gravity 2.5, diameter 8mm, and weight about 1 gram is put in at the most appropriate position to form the best cartridge structure.
The Lapis Lazuli ball has another important merit than centroid control. Due to its composition blended of a few kinds of sodalite having spherical shape, vibrating wave flown from the north pole of the ball is absorbed in the crystal architecture mingled inside, and vibrating wave running down the ball surface is finally cancelled at the south pole of the ball.

Just as l thought.:D

ZYX are not the only cartridge manufacturer to use this approach for resonance control.

The Lapis Luzuli ball doesn't obscure the view of the stylus and its no more difficult to queue up than any other cartridge.

Seeing as this has provoked so many comments I have created a new post about the ZYX cartridges that use this design approach so feel free to comment there. This thread is about the Holbo II turntable and tonearm.

The Lapis Luzuli ball doesn't obscure the view of the stylus and its no more difficult to queue up than any other cartridge.

Seeing as this has provoked so many comments I have created a new post about the ZYX cartridges that use this design approach so feel free to comment there. This thread is about the Holbo II turntable and tonearm.

It certainly, but sadly, has brought out the usual McTroll Burgers and their cheap fries

The platter weight is 5kgs Simon. The pump is a low pressure type but I have not seen any pressure data yet. I will try and find out the working pressure.

Set up is super precise, so you can dial in the cartridge absolutely perfectly with pretty much micrometer adjustment.

I agree with that. I’ve had a parallel tracker for many years. Not sure about most carts being suitable. It’s a very low mass arm and your offering looks similar. The air pressure has to support the weight of the cart and it’s balance at the other end of the seesaw plus the bit in between. So lighter the cart the better. Mine have been typically 6/7 grams. Too much airflow can cause problems apparently. .

advertisement

Back