Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Hms vigil

Discussion in 'off topic' started by hifinutt, Aug 29, 2021.

1. StephenB

StephenB Pointy birds...........

surely a modern sub doesn't have to wait for the tube to fill this slowly in reality ? :)

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

I think the bells are tolling for her now; tubular bells. How are they' going to unravel the myriad arcane strands in one episode? Sub plots aside, it's becoming messy on land for shore.

3. Darren555

Darren555 pfm Member

Loved the diving helmets with inbuilt lights for nothing more than illuminating their faces for the camera.

cctaylor likes this.
  4. unclefz

unclefz Active Member

Oh No!!!!!
    You know what that means...............
    Series 2.
    :-(

Mike Reed likes this.
  5. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Still enjoying this but hoping the outcome of being drowned in the tube or not will not be too ridiculous

6. flutteringwow

flutteringwow Platinum Ears

I really hope she drowns in the tube, it'll mix things up a bit. But it's the BBC, so they won't take the risk of disrupting tradition of a happy ending.

7. HarryCrumb

HarryCrumb pfm Member

Didn't the captain change course a couple of episodes ago..?

I reckon that they're half way up the Clyde by now and by the time DC Anne Oldman gets fired out the tubes, they'll already be parked in a dry dock. She'll land safely in Little Miss Longacre's sports cabriolet and once the wee ginger minx has kung foo'd the bad guy (and delegated to any one of the entire police force beneath her to arrest him) they'll drive off in to the sunset, swilling whisky and smoking cigars.

...old grey cheese, cloth!

ralphj, Hoopsontoast and Nero like this.
  8. robs

robs should know how this works by no

I'm rather enjoying it, despite the silliness.

9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

I'm rather enjoying the silliness; not sure about the prog. though.

10. cj66

cj66 pfm Member

I've recently caught up with this, on the back of friends discussing it.
    It is silly but does pass the "entertaining" test.

11. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

The thing I find most far fetched about it is the continued wearing of a tee shirt under a normal working shirt by the Coxen. Not allowed in military dress codes and setting a poor example by the senior rating.

12. Nero

Nero Call me 'Goose'

That’s an interesting thought. Maybe this show is about Longacre after all, and the DCI is expendable like Burke

13. flutteringwow

flutteringwow Platinum Ears

It would certainly be less dull and a little more creative. Then the next season we get another soap-celeb to take up the reigns who also gets bumped off or similar.

14. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

Funny how everyone feels compelled to pick these programs apart and add things like "It's nonsense of course but..." "Very silly but...". Me, I'm a simple little soul and just sit back & enjoy them. You are allowed to you know.

miktec, mega lord, Mike Reed and 4 others like this.
  15. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Ah but.. Tony.... This is a hi fi forum. Hyper criticality is our raison d'etre. You too are toeing the line by being critical of our criticality.

Mike Reed and Suffolk Tony like this.
  16. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I cut out the middleman and don't even watch them.

17. CHE

CHE pfm Member

I managed to miss the last episode so anyone like to do a quick summary of what happened please ?

No, I don't want to use iPlayer thank you.

CHE

18. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

After being saved from mortal danger by a man in a gas mask, she was placed in mortal danger by a man in a hazmat suit.

unclefz and cutting42 like this.
  19. cutting42

cutting42 Arrived at B4 Hacker Erg \o/

20. robs

robs should know how this works by no

Oh come on....you are forgetting Kirsten (Rose Leslie) all soaped up and feeling lonely in the bath...

..and the Russians closing in all around.

That's about it?

Oh, and general lifestyle advice...steer well clear of the canned oranges.