advertisement

High quality standmounts up to £4k

when I bought my speakers, I auditioned quite a few in the £1.5 - £2k price range (B&W, KEF, PMC, Monitor audio, ATC). I ended up with a pair of proac d2's.

I changed from floor standers to stand mounts at Christmas last year and am very happy. I had some Monitor Audio Silver 8s, and demoed ATC SCM40s and Spendor D7.2 and settled instead on Dynaudio Contour 20i. They were more natural sounding and easier to live with, and did everything so well. The bass, surprisingly, was deeper and better than both of the floor standing speakers I tried. They need (I think) a decent amp to drive them to their full potential

A bit left field, but how about a pair of Shahinian Arc 2’s? Very flexible on placement so they can disappear in a room to a degree, they are on rubber feet and not too heavy to move.

Any decent 80W amp can make them sing !

I changed from floor standers to stand mounts at Christmas last year and am very happy. I had some Monitor Audio Silver 8s, and demoed ATC SCM40s and Spendor D7.2 and settled instead on Dynaudio Contour 20i. They were more natural sounding and easier to live with, and did everything so well. The bass, surprisingly, was deeper and better than both of the floor standing speakers I tried. They need (I think) a decent amp to drive them to their full potential
good to hear this ,dynaudio make some great stuff .what amp are you using ?

Boenicke W5. Elite have two pairs including stands at your price just now.

Another vote for the W5s. Bought a used pair from Elite and they are something else. It’s often said they need a very powerful amp to run them, but I think any decent amp should be ok. For reference, I’m running them with a Rega Aethos... sounds amazing.

Only heard the Boenicke W5's once at a show and was mightily impressed, another speaker already mention, Monitor Audio PL300, here's a pair on ebay right now: Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 (Series II) Speakers with Stands | eBay
While looking at that advert I saw these which are truly a bargain and the model I've heard: Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 | eBay

Without going back and re reading this thread, some one may have already mentioned these on ebay now, but a direct call may save a little bit: Loudspeakers - Boenicke Audio W5 - Ash & Stands - RRP £5225 | eBay

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Had dozens of mid to high end standmounts down the years including the Neat Ultimatum XLS which didn’t float my boat. They are also bloody huge and ugly.

How about the Totem Embers in the classifieds.
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/totem-element-ember-speakers-in-black.257735/

If it has to be brand new then Dynaudio Special 40 or Contour 20i in gloss finish.

I now use Penaudio Cenya in gloss black and have had them for well over two years which is unheard of for me. Only thing I’d change them for is a pair of the Signature version.
You will have to search abroard for a pair, which Brexit has made a nightmare, but you won’t regret it.
I had never heard of the Penaudia - they look great.
Here are some signatures.
https://www.tori.fi/uusimaa/MAHTAVAT_JA_UUDET_Penaudio_Cenya_Signature_83896393.htm

advertisement

Back