advertisement

High and Lows Separation

Robbo

Evening All,
I'm new to the Forum and would like some of your input/experience.
I've owned a NAD M33 for about 6 months. In this time I've only used A section of the speaker output. My question is would it be worth using A and B output to seperate the highs and lows to my bi-wire compatible PMC twenty 22's, is there any benefit in doing so?.
Note: Currently using Van Den Hul Magnum speaker cables.

Don't bother the only thing you'll achieve is Lightening your wallet with a 2nd set of cables.
I've tried it many times over the years thinking better amps/speakers/cable would finally reveal an uplift. The only thing I found that worked with a couple of pairs of speakers was swapping the Cheap metal links for some home made, speaker wire jumpers.

Don't bother the only thing you'll achieve is Lightening your wallet with a 2nd set of cables.
I've tried it many times over the years thinking better amps/speakers/cable would finally reveal an uplift. The only thing I found that worked with a couple of pairs of speakers was swapping the Cheap metal links for some home made, speaker wire jumpers.

Wise words. So true!

You wouldn't be 'separating highs and lows'. That would require a crossover and additional amplification. As others have said, bi-wiring is rarely of any benefit.

advertisement

Back