advertisement

Hifiman Sundara

@RoA did you get a manual with yours? nothing in mine although can get it online.

I had the same question and pm'd Jandl100 about it. Yes, the new ones seem to come in a simple carton box with foam inlay which doubles as 'headphone stand' and no manual/booklet or velvet box inlays.

I'd be interested to hear how people are finding the Sundara's compared to HD600's.

I'm listening to the Sennheiser HD 600 atm.
I'll swap to my Sundara....

The Sundara are noticeably more open and expansive.
A smidge more detail.
A little bit splashy in the treble.
A bit less rich tonally, tbh they sound a bit thin in comparison to the Sennheiser. But I'm adjusting quite quickly.
Imaging is a little less focused.

I'm happy to have both. They do things differently.
If I chose just one right now it would probably be the Sennheiser HD 600. Which is a bit of a surprise.

But, see my new post in the Sennheiser HD 600 thread, I'm applying a fair bit of eq to the Sennheiser to get rid of treble peakiness that bothers me a lot and also boost the bass.

Also, different amps would have an impact, I'm sure.

Well they have had about 30 odd hrs on them and I have to say really impressed. Open,smooth,detailed,fast and great bass. The new cable is a bit more toppy than the supplied one , possibly due to silver plate, but then it’s only been on a few hrs… think I’ll banish any thoughts of going for hd650”s

Sundaras need a long run in period, HiFiman say 150 hours can sound a bit harsh before then, I love them.

Reactions: RoA
Well I’ve sent mine back . Why? One of sockets didn’t feel right and one side was slightly quieter, swapped leads and no different so this coupled with longer term quality issues on the internet, I can’t afford to replace them in a year or so. Sennheiser 660s on the way instead.

Reactions: RoA
Well I’ve sent mine back . Why? One of sockets didn’t feel right and one side was slightly quieter, swapped leads and no different so this coupled with longer term quality issues on the internet, I can’t afford to replace them in a year or so. Sennheiser 660s on the way instead.

Sorry to hear this. They have had a bad time re. build quality. I seem to be lucky, no issues.

I hold back giving my 'full opinion' on the Sundara until my set of HP's is complete and I had time to compare them all fully.

All I would say at the moment is they are a different flavour to the dynamic HP's I have. Better in some ways, not in others. Not everyone will enjoy them, others will love them. I got them because I want 'different' Headphones from each other and that is pretty much what I have.

I think they are very nice. As nice as the others.

I've had 4 Hifiman headphones.
400s, 500, Deva and my new Sundara.
Both 500 and 400s had clearly been around for years and were fine.
The Deva failed on one channel after a couple of years. (Out of warranty but Hifiman did offer a fairly generous cut price replacement deal).

The Sundara are a few weeks old and haven't failed yet!

advertisement

Back