advertisement

Hifi quality camping speaker with wired input?

markharro

pfm Member
Does such a thing exist? A quick check online just throws up Bluetooth speakers and my understanding is that you can't stream an HD signal via BT? I am after something I can use with Qobuz on my iphone via a portable DAC such as one of the Dragonfly options. Thanks.

Is 16/44 what comes via BT?

Depends which bluetooth - apXHD will transmit 24 bit, but then compress it to near CD quality.
Not sure what "normal bluetooth will do.

TBH, I'd not be personally worried about anything lower than 256k on a little speaker in the wild- YMMV.
Though I guess your phone battery will last longer if using a wired connection.

Does such a thing exist? A quick check online just throws up Bluetooth speakers and my understanding is that you can't stream an HD signal via BT? I am after something I can use with Qobuz on my iphone via a portable DAC such as one of the Dragonfly options. Thanks.

In a caravan/motorhome or tent? If the former and are not happy with the vehicle speakers, maybe Ruark MR1s if you have access to electric or decent batteries and an inverter.

I bought a Riva Turbo X awhile back it's likely as close as you're likely to get to ticking all the boxes. Sounds pretty good haven't used it much because it's a bit big to toss in a bag. Has a 3.5mm input so that's covered.

The FoxL was my favourite for travel it sounds really good in a hotel room quick and fun to listen to and decent bass for its size. It does sound thin outside though.

I'd probably just get a JBL Charge and be done with it they sound pretty good for the price.

I remember about 3 years ago auditioning alot of speakers, I was shocked how bad they all sounded.. after about an hours listening ( after which I climatized to the poor sound !! ), I eventually bought a Sony speaker, it was about £200.
I usually Bluetooth, but I can connect a 3.5 m jack plug.
To be fair it works well, lasts a long time between charges.
We use it more if we are watching Netflix on the ipad, the sound is more like the TV at home.
I have a nice ish system built into the motorhome, I made the amp and it has mark audio drivers..
But the Sony thing does get used.

Sony do one which doubles as a lamp, perfect for camping?

thumbnails%2Flarge%2F_default_upload_bucket%2FLSPXS2_0000_001_c47883884fd1deb93378cb3692cf12f5_1.png.png

Why on earth would you want to bring a speaker out camping? Listen to the silence and nature instead. That's the point.

advertisement

Back