advertisement

HiFi Lounge Goes Motor Racing!

Snetterton Photobook, Fire, Rain + New Livery!

Hi All,

So for our Snetterton race weekend it was certainly a weekend like no other, basically it was British Summertime so we had plenty of rain but we also had a huge pit lane fire just when we were about to go out for our first race, basically a teams lorry caught fire and it took 2 fire engines to get it under control, luckily no one was injured but it meant we lost our first race and our 2nd race was re-scheduled for 6pm, this ended up being cut short due to a car stranded on the track so basically we did 3 days at the track for a 17 minute race but at least we came away with a trophy so it wasn't all bad.

Plus we had the new livery on the Elise to promote iLounge Racing, a couple of tweaks to do but overall really happy with the look, really stands out on track now.

So off to Brands Hatch this weekend, really looking forward to this one as it is on the short Indy layout so is very much like a big Go Kart track which should suit me, presently we are 5th overall in the standings and 2nd in our class so plenty to still play for.

We were testing there last week and I had my closest moment to a big crash yet, please see below, certainly a Code Brown moment but luckily we got away with just a little damage under the car where I had to go over the grass in avoidance, could certainly have been much worse.

Anyway please find a few pictures below from our Snetterton weekend.

Cheers,

Paul.

VUcEmTQ.jpg

eGUEzzS.jpg

yykZAYp.jpg

tSXlqt9.jpg

PwMMRjA.jpg

oiXeuB7.jpg

sDG7TAt.jpg

6pGUjLZ.jpg

ifMSV2n.jpg

bNw1BAK.jpg

FWSbrXU.jpg

L2Z9im1.jpg

ZVhE60S.jpg

cKkICGQ.jpg

MW8ghXG.jpg

9WO9V1t.jpg

9Q6XXLN.jpg

Brands Hatch Race Report, Pics + Video's!

Hi All,

So the Brands Hatch Indy layout is one of the races I really look forward to every year as it really suits my driving style as to me it is just one big go kart track and although it is really technical with every corner seemingly having multiple ways through it I always seem to go well there.

Thankfully that continued with our first trip there in the Elise where we had our best race weekend of the year. Unbelievably I have never had a lap time disqualified before but unfortunately my best lap in Qualifying was deleted for exceeding track limits so I ended up starting 4 places back on the grid to where I had hoped to start but that made the race more fun I guess.

When it came to the race, we just avoided a big crash at turn 1 which I had to stop to miss so that dropped us right to the back pretty much so I got my head down and lap by lap caught the pack back up, now this was a 45 minute race with a mandatory pitstop so once I caught the pack I pitted early to try the undercut which worked a treat as I made 2 places, made me smile as I exited the pits and I said to myself, right now it is Hammer Time, below are my first 3 laps after the pitstop -

Then half way through the race there was another big accident but I was 2nd in my class with 3 other forced induction cars behind me, who to be fair have been quicker than me all year so it ended up with a 10 minute race to the finish, as I am fighting these guys in the championship I was determined to hold my 2nd place so basically I just looked forward and ignored my mirrors and at the end we held of the assault from behind to finish 2nd in class which I was really pleased with.

So we have one more race weekend left at Donington on the 30th October and if we have a good weekend we could finish 2nd in class and third overall but just checked the weather and it looks like it may be wet which will be a real shame as I’m much happier in the dry but let’s see how things pan out.

Certainly going to be a fun end to what has been a really enjoyable first season racing the Elise, please find highlights from Brands below + a few pics -

Cheers,

Paul.

Video Highlights!

6Ugfuqx.jpg

bCWas6Y.jpg

d2Ngi4o.jpg

PwrVUEB.jpg

c1ijQuJ.jpg

BKLPsT0.jpg

aJAU8DM.jpg

ytxbpuF.jpg

Lotus Elise Trophy Season 1 Complete, Donington Photo Book!

ZEKK2WZ.jpg

Hi Everyone,

So where did that season go? it only seems like yesterday we were collecting our new Lotus Elise looking forward to a new adventure and before you know it we have 7 race meetings under our belt and it is time to park the car ready for winter. Looking back it was a great season though, a lot of fun, if I'm honest at the start of the season I was surprised how quick the competition was, I was expecting to be straight on the pace but as the season progressed we got quicker and quicker, which was also helped by quite a bit of development on the car, and by the mid point I felt we were getting on top of the car with the Brands Hatch round being the highlight of the season with some really great racing.

Championship Standings!

In the end we finished 2nd in the Forced Induction class and 4th overall, really wanted 3rd but for our first year I was really happy with that. We have plans already in place for next year where we are taking the Elise into a different category, endurance racing, with one round at Spa so that is extremely exciting, more news next year.

Donington, The Final Round!

The less said about this race weekend the better really, we did some dry testing the Monday before and the lap times were great and the car felt on rails but once we got to race day we could have done with a boat rather than a car, much the same as the previous year in the Radical at Donington, it was just a challenge to keep the car on the track, I don't mind driving in the wet but when it is this wet it just isn't any fun really but we survived multiple incidents over the weekend where I lost it under breaking, ended up in the gravel with 6 others at the start of race 2 and had a Praga race car spinning off in front of me in testing, so getting away with a cracked windscreen was a result really.

Please find a few pictures below, roll on next season.

Cheers,

Paul.

C4WUKRP.jpg

bYGBZry.jpg

lXIAGQo.jpg

k3Vg8BA.jpg

LVlp4hj.jpg

dviSCph.jpg

fVC7tIY.jpg

S1sVTBl.jpg

54phiHw.jpg

The 2022 Season Is Go As We Attempt Endurance Racing!

Hi Everyone,

So the closed season is now behind us and iLounge Racing is getting ready for another season of racing, I have spent 4 years now doing 20 minute sprint races in the Radical SR1 Cup and the Lotus Elise Trophy so for this year I fancied trying something different so we have entered the 750 Motor Club 'Club Enduro' Championship which comprises of 7 races weekends with races ranging from 125 minutes to 180 minutes with a driver change and refueling required so as a big LeMan fan it will be really interesting to try some mixed class racing over a longer race distance.

I will be sharing the drive with my Race Coach, Tom, he is seriously quick so the pressure will be on me to not lose too much ground to the leaders before he jumps in as it looks like I will be starting the race.

We will be racing in the top A class which is 300bhp per tonne so I have no idea how our very light and little Lotus will compete against the much bigger and heavier cars with more power on the grid, the first race is this Easter Monday at Donington so not long to find till we find out.

For anyone who would like to come along and spectate then please find the calendar below, yes we really are racing at Spa this year, that is a big tick on the Bucket List + I have never raced at Croft or Anglesey so plenty to look forward to this year -
  • Donington GP - 18th April
  • Croft - 29th May
  • Spa - 8th/9th July
  • Snetterton - 31st July
  • Silverstone - 21st August
  • Anglesey - 11th September
  • Oulton Park - 8th October
Watch Races Live - https://www.750mc.co.uk/live.htm

If you would like to see how we get on please find a link above to live coverage on YouTube or Alpha Timing also have the below coverage -

We tested at Donington last week to get back in the groove, thanks to being on my sim at home all winter I was straight on my pace but please find a video of Tom below on a quick lap, great to watch, if I can get within a couple of seconds of his lap time then I'm happy.

I've also uploaded to complete race from Brands Last year from getting in the car to driving to the paddock to show the whole process for anyone who likes this stuff, this was one of my best races ever finishing 2nd in class, did a great undercut during the pitstop which helped make up time after the first corner incident.

Finally I am racing in the Senna Cup at Rye House kart track this year also which has just been resurfaced, please find another video of a quick lap in the wet, great fun I have to say as sideways more than anything -

As normal I will update on how each race in the Club Enduro goes after each round and also please feel free to subscribe to our iLounge Racing YouTube page for videos from each event.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK-P27LCxLlSAqRScDGHqKg

All the best,

Paul.

Club Enduro Round 1 Race Report, Donington, Not What We Expected!

gOgyZNn.jpg

Hi Everyone,

So here we go again with another season or racing, for the last 4 years I have raced in mostly 20 minute sprint races with the odd longer 45 minute race in both the Radical SR1 Cup and Lotus Elise Trophy and it has always been the longer races I have enjoyed the most and have been the most competitive at so for this year we thought we'd try something different, endurance racing in the Elise in the 750 Motor Club 'Club Enduro' championship, which it turn out is the biggest grid in UK motorsport, for our first race at Donington we had 58 cars on track which certainly kept me busy for the 2 hour+ race.

So there are 3 classes we could enter depending on the power to weight, we decided to unleash all of the Elise's power to be bang on the 300bhp per tonne limit to be in the top class A group, I was going to share the drive with my driver coach Tom and we really thought that we could be competitive and maybe fight for the title, how wrong we were.

We arrived at Donington for Friday practice but we suffered brake issues all morning but once we sorted them we soon realised that the Touring Car type cars, TCR's for short, are much faster than us even though we all run to the 300bhp per tonne limit, they are basically specially built race cars where our Elise is a road car we turned into a race car.

Anyway come race day I did my mandatory 3 laps for qualifying then Tom went out to see what could be achieved, he is basically one of the quickest guys around and he could only manage 14th on the grid, it was decided I would start the race and Tom would jump in at the fuel stop. I must admit I was a little nervous at the start as I starting higher up than my natural speed would normally put me being Tom qualified and at the start I got eaten alive by all the quicker guys but in the end I fell back to where my pace was competitive and settled into the race, after an hour or so I was summoned into the pits for a fuel stop and driver change, I jumped out the car and refueling started and whilst out the car I decided that I'd like to do the whole race which Tom was happy with as I need the practice and he doesn't and at the end of the day we weren't competitive so I may as well get more seat time, so in the end I did the full 2 hours and 5 minutes which I must say was brilliant fun, towards the end though I could see I was getting low on fuel and as I was going through the Craners with a couple of minutes left when the car spluttered and I thought, bugger, I'm not going to finish the race so I decided I would limp home to the pits but as I came round the last corner the chequered flag was out so I just made it across the line to finish, talk about relieved.

In the end we finished 25th out of 58, there were quite a few Elise's entered and we finished as the top Elise so I guess that's something to take away from the weekend, but it certainly wasn't the weekend we were hoping for, at the end of the day though I loved being in the car for 2 hours+.

What to do for the rest of the season? well there are 6 rounds left, I have decided to do the next one at Croft in 2 weeks as never raced there then we are off to Spa in July so will do that as that is a huge tick on the bucket list then I will decide what to do from there, I have an historic racing itch I'd like to scratch but more on that later.

Please find sme pics below, they are quite funny as they make you realise just how small the Elise is.

Cheers,

Paul.

2SntAZK.jpg

h9YrBye.jpg

2Myeb85.jpg

IB4kay5.jpg

auE3GBV.jpg

In Over My Head!

As a lifelong motorsport fan something beyond my wildest dreams is about to kick into gear tomorrow for 4 days, here is a clue, any ideas? tbh it is all a bit terrifying and the enormity of it won’t sink in for a few days after I’m sure, all very exciting though and an amazing opportunity, all will be revealed tomorrow
1f600.png

urEaevj.jpg

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022, The Best Few Days Of My Life!

Hi All,

It’s 6.30 am Monday 27th June 2022 and I am at work the day after the best few days of my life, I really should be looking at the 400+ e-mails I have just come back to but I just want to briefly write down how I am feeling after this years Goodwood Festival of Speed whilst it is still fresh in my mind, there have been so many amazing memories made over the last 4 days that it is hard to know where to start but here we go, have to say that I have mixed feelings at the moment, even getting a bit emotional as I’m still buzzing from what just happened but am really sad that it is now over, it is going to be a huge come down, I’m such grateful that I have the best day job also to help me get back into the daily groove.

So I went to the very first FOS in 1993, 29 years ago, where it was more like a garden party compared to now and I have been to nearly every one since when I can but this year was very different, after a few months of planning and negotiations we got invited to actually drive up the hill twice a day for 3 days in front of 10’000’s of people and the best part of it all is the car we would be doing it in.

I am a big Nascar fan, started watching that in the early 1990’s, for me it is the best motorsport on the planet and can be misunderstood in this country but there is no purer form of racing in my view, the skill involved in oval racing is incredible, it is like chess at 200mph as the various strategies play out and the skill to race in a pack on 40+ cars at 200mph cm’s apart is incredible. My Nascar hero was and still is Jeff Gordon, a real legend of the sport, he famously raced No 24 for 22 years, winning the championship 4 times and 93 races from 805 start, it is the reason why I race no24 myself. So to cut to the chase, I was actually going to drive a 2012 Jeff Gordon Nascar up the hill, it is around 900hp and I had only driven it for 10 minutes or so a week before in a quick shakedown at Millbrook Proving Ground, so no pressure then, but never one to turn down an opportunity I just had to go for it, I mean what could possible go wrong.

Firstly, I have to thank the UK Nascar Community, these guys are awesome, I’d met a couple beforehand at Carfest last year but at Goodwood I met many more of the gang and what a really lovely bunch of guys, within 10 minutes I felt I had known them for years, so knowledgeable and passionate about the sport but more importantly to me just really fantastic people, without these guys it would be impossible for me to drive a Nascar over here but with their support I knew I was in safe hands, when I left Goodwood last night I really felt like I had made some amazing new friends for life, so thanks again guys, thank you so much for the weekend and helping give me a truly off the scale weekend.

Goodwood FOS Thurs - Sun.

Q2cyN5g.jpg

So here we go then, let’s run through the weekend, it is all a bit of a blur really of early starts, late finishes, very little sleep, a lot of coffee and thank god for adrenaline. I agreed to run the 24 a couple of months before but once I pulled into the car park on the Thursday it all became a bit real, this was really happening, I agreed to meet the guys in the car park where we sorted out all the passes and tickets then headed into Goodwood where the 24 was sitting in the paddock looking stunning, I want to thank Shaun at Road to Race for his support also in getting the car to Goodwood and collecting it after the event, so Thursday was a day of checking the car over, a few systems checks, getting signed on and collecting our access all areas passes and we even got a really cool medal to which would gain us access to the Driver Club where we were fed and watered for 4 days and then we had a wander around waiting for the big day on Friday.

Here we go, the first run!

Did I sleep Thursday night? Very little if I am honest, I really don’t get nervous but this was like nothing I had done before, it would have been nerve racking enough in a normal car but in a 900hp Nascar Monster it is enough to give anyone nerves, especially as it is a big car and the 2nd part of the run up the hill is very narrow, to make things worse as I sat in the holding area 10 minutes before Dario Franchitti, 3 time Indy 500 winner, said ‘Be careful, I’ve crashed loads of these, they are a handful’ thanks Dario.

From the collecting area you drive back down the track to the Start line, here you line up and wait to be called forward where you are told to wait, you watch this one man and once the car in front is far enough up the road ahead he waves you to go, I sat there waiting and all I could think was not to stall it which is really easy in a Nascar as the clutch is like a switch, on or off, but then I was told to go so I gave it loads of revs and we were off with a little wheel spin, the last thing you want at Goodwood is to be the person who gets it wrong so I drove it more like Miss Daisy than anything and although I had practised it a lot on my sim there is nothing like going up the iconic hill for yourself, the funny thing was though that although the hill was lined with 1000’s of people I never saw one of them as I was so focused on not getting it wrong that I may as well have been the only person there, it was all very surreal, so we poodled up, around the flint wall that everyone made me were of and I have never been so happy to see a finish line before but that was run one complete, I’d just done something that very few people had done before, driven a Nascar up the hill at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, the sense of relief was amazing but I was absolutely buzzing.

What is it like to drive a Nascar? It is basically like sitting in the middle of a volcano, it is a very brutal environment, incredible noise and power, you can feel the cars anger as you sit in it as it shakes and rumbles side to side, it seems to want to spin its wheels at every opportunity and it really wouldn’t take much for it to bite you but show it some respect and it is an exhilarating experience, it could be further away from my other cars I race which are generally lightweight but low power, but once you have tasted a thoroughbred top tier race car like this it is very addictive and as the runs ticked by I found myself just wanting to get back in asap for another go.

We had 6 runs through the weekend but that was my run done for the Friday as I had been introduced to YouTuber PetrolPed, again a really nice guy, and we were going to split the runs, 4 for me, 2 for him, so that he could do a film for his Channel about the experience of running a Nascar up the hill, really can’t wait to see this.

Next it was Saturday, this was going to be a full on day, as I had 2 runs then it was the Driver Ball at Goodwood House, the 2 runs went really well again, each time I was getting more confident with the 24 as I pushed it a little bit harder each time, that could be dangerous but I really wanted to get a feel what she could do. Our last run finished around 6.30pm and the ball started at 7pm, luckily the drivers had showers so it was chaos as everyone tried to get ready, have to say it is very surreal seeing loads of your hero’s in the their undies getting dressed ready for a night out.

4LeZH2M.jpg

7W5banI.jpg

qBhe3uz.jpg

Sd1nrjK.jpg

Mf0hnFw.jpg

c2k4YaC.jpg

TiMXjs6.jpg

The Goodwood Drivers Ball.

Just when you think things can’t get any better Wendy and myself found ourselves at the Driver Ball, I was looking forward to this just a much as the driving to be honest. So we arrived at Goodwood house around 7pm, where all the Bentley’s and Supercars are pulling up with all the rich and famous, then walk in for a champagne reception in the Goodwood Gardens, again surreal surrounded by loads of your motorsport hero’s, now I feel that you really shouldn’t approach these drivers in this sort of environment, just didn’t seem the right thing to do but another of my real heroes is Mika Hakkinen, I used to follow him all round Europe attending Grand Prix to cheer him on so when I saw him I just had to go and say hello and get a picture with him, he was as lovely as he seems to happily stood there to have picture taken, what a great start to the evening.

After the reception we are asked to take our table, we were sitting with 6 others, mainly from a Biking motorsport side of things but had some great chats, food was served which was incredible, basically smoked Salmon to start with, Beef for main and what was probably the best chocolate desert I had ever had to finish things off, all washed down with as much red and white wine as we wanted, as I was driving the next morning early I actually drunk more water than anything, what a shame.

Next we were asked to go outside for the entertainment to start and what a show that was, fireworks like I’d never seen before, amazing singers, pyrotechnics, drone planes firing rockets, a jet man landing on the stage followed by more singing and fireworks, all you could do was watch in awe at the spectacle, I’d certainly never seen anything like this before and what blew my mind was that all this was for just around 1500 of us, Lord March really knows how to throw a party.

After this was finished we were then asked to go back inside to the concert area for the live band, this is kept very secret and there have been many big bands over the years apparently, I knew that Lord March loves his rock music, as do I, so was looking forward to this, who could it be?

Well it certainly didn’t disappoint as it turned out to be one of my favourite bands who I have been to see many times before over the years, The Darkness, and what a show they put on, pure rock’n’roll, Justin the lead singer was really on it, again it was like I had been imported into some alternative motorsport universe as I’m down the front row enjoying The Darkness then I turn round and Mr LeMans, 9 times winner Tom Kristensen is jumping up and down behind me standing next to Lord March who was really loving it, I look a couple of people over and there is Jenson Button rocking out along with his Radford partner Ant Anstead, in the end everywhere you looked there were famous drivers and boy do they know how to enjoy themselves, I guess if you are willing to risk your life racing cars at crazy speeds then you really are going to enjoy life at every opportunity.

The Darkness finished around midnight then a DJ set started to finish things off, it was such an amazing night but I was keen to get to bed as I was going back up the hill in the 24 around 9am, so 3 hours sleep later I was back in the paddock and getting ready for my final run, who knew having so much fun would be this exhausting, although I am sure I won’t get any sympathy.

KNGEOPs.jpg

gzStnDt.jpg

1raTOLq.jpg

iNT2PX8.jpg

FZyLYGc.jpg

The Final Run!

Here we go then, my 4th and final run up the hill in Jeff Gordon’s 2012 Nascar, so I lined up behind world rally champion Stig Blomqvist, unbelievable I know, the Stig fired off up the hill and I was ushered forward, when I got to the line for the first time I looked up and as I did that I saw hundreds of people hold their phones up to film me pulling away, really wish I hadn’t done that as straight away the nerves set in, all I could think was don’t stall it now, I was given the go signal and I gave it loads of revs and we were off, I was determined to make this run my fastest attempt but at the 2nd corner I tried a bit too hard, touched the grass and got a little loose, at that point I decided to not be a hero and just get to the finish line which I did and that was that, I had completed my 4 runs up the hill with the car still in one piece, result. Next PetrolPed had one more run at the end of the day which he did successfully and that was that, the 4 best days of my life complete, huge smiles all round.

I’ve been racing for 5 years now and this was the first time I actually felt like a Race Car Driver, to be in the inner circle at Goodwood is like nothing else I have experienced and being in the drivers club, this is basically where all the drivers hang out away from the crowds, when in your race overall then all the drivers are happy to talk to you, I’ve just jotted down some of the people I spoke to below, talk about a Who’s Who of motorsport.

• Jacky Ickx
  • Stig Blomqvist
  • Dario Franchitti
  • Nigel Mansell
  • Mika Hakkinen
  • Damon Hill
  • John Watson
  • Karl Wendlinger
  • Tom Kristensen
  • Jenson Button
  • Travis Pastrana
  • Jackie Stewart
I even got asked twice for my autograph, I explained that I was no one but as I had driven Jeff Gordon’s car they still wanted me to sign pictures of Jeff, hilarious really but great fun.

So to coin a phrase, ‘if Carling did dream weekends’ then I have just lived mine, I really couldn’t have had more fun if I tried, I’m hopeful I’ll get invited back one day to do it all again but if not I’ll be fine with that as I now have the memories of a truly incredible weekend.

Finally I’d like to thank everyone at Goodwood for the invite and the hospitality, it really is an incredible event like nothing else in the world and to be a very small part of it has been such an honour and privilege so thanks again Goodwood and the UK Nascar Community for making this Petrolheads dreams come true, a weekend I will cherish forever and will never forget.

Regards,

Paul.

Please find some random pictures below -

Damon Hill

HSXvvBn.jpg

Nigel Mansell and some stalker!

vZl8aEj.jpg

W6Frs7p.jpg

6 Time LeMans Winner Jacky Ickx

vA0Aitt.jpg

Wendy as a passenger with PetrolPed.

xTczJKu.jpg

Thanks for the Memories Goodwood

CVtMa1X.jpg

Uj4X2AF.jpg

PetrolPed No24 Goodwood FOS Adventure!

Always been happy to share my toys so for Goodwood FOS this year I split the runs up the hill with Peter, better known as YouTuber PetrolPed so he could make this video, He really is a top guy and the No24 couldn't have been in safer hands, thanks Peter for returning her in one piece
1f64f.png

We were both as nervous as each other as neither of us had any experience of a car with this much power but he did a stella job, his film really shows what an experience it was driving the 24 up the hill, just follow the link below, enjoy.

Cheers,
Paul.

Croft Club 750 Enduro Race Pictures!

Hi All,

Been a busy old year and I never got round to posting the pics from our Club 750 Enduro round at Croft earlier in the year so here we are.

It was my first time racing at Croft, really loved the circuit but with this being the 2nd round of the Club Enduro it highlighted the problems we found in the first round where our Elise Cup 250 just isn't competitive in its class compared to the competition, so although we didn't know it at the time this ended up being the last race we would compete in the championship and actually the last race the Cup 250 and I would have in 2022.

We have some really exciting plans though for 2023, watch this space as I am about to enter the Historic Racing scene where I can see myself racing for many years to come all being well, all will be revealed early next year.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Paul.

kPMQhyV.jpg

9sEqJLR.jpg

yJIo6t2.jpg

7yUSSxe.jpg

JfELGBk.jpg

BHRny2U.jpg

HaFaYZJ.jpg

tFLWLyF.jpg

sJgGyG5.jpg

KWIPWky.jpg

Let's Go Racing, Again!

xI0bEWC.jpg

So here she is, I’m delighted to say 18 months after acquiring her and after a 300+ hour restoration by Classic Team Lotus + full engine and gearbox rebuild our 62 year old Lotus 20/22 has got her FIA papers, just in time to race at the Silverstone Festival next week, can’t wait.

Last Monday was a pinch yourself moment as it was shake down day at Lotus Cars test track at Hethel and who was there but Johnny Herbert, this was my first time driving a single seater so no pressure, but what a privilege it was to drive it at the track that so many legends have driven in the past, amazing day and an awesome car to drive, thanks CTL for doing such an amazing job, roll on Silverstone.

You can read the full story of our 20/22 from the link below -

https://bit.ly/3DQObFK

Cheers,

Paul.

1NMray1.jpg

3AZ1Dvo.jpg

18FMHFa.jpg

0xRc9M1.jpg

5jWRhRU.jpg

Looking Back at the Silverstone Festival 2023

30gwqo1.jpg

Hi All,

I've just scribbled down a few words looking back at the Silverstone Festival if anyone would like a read, it was certainly a busy one jumping from the Lotus to the Nascar everyday, awesome fun though :)

https://bit.ly/3Z7k6vv

Cheers,
Paul.

eN71MDI.jpg

bhD7iYV.jpg

6nFykb1.jpg

cflHPER.jpg

LG2YNs5.jpg

htqIggi.jpg

0hsGkmL.jpg

BvDXE76.jpg

96L3Oz5.jpg

Chasing a Nascar round Brands Hatch in the Lotus Cortina at Ford Fest!

5AsyNj5.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Well it's certainly not everyday you get Brands Hatch to yourself, well along with a Nascar of all things, but we were invited to run demo laps at Ford Power Live 2023 in our Lotus Cortina so needless to say I jumped at the chance.

This was the first time I'd taken the Cortina on track but I have to say it has fired me up to get it FIA approved asap so I can race it as it was so much fun.

As I mentioned we were sharing the track with a Nascar, now before our 15 minute demo run it rained really hard so the track was still damp which made things fun as I was quicker through the corners but with his 600 horses under the bonnet he'd leave me on the straights, great fun though, I wonder if that is the first time anywhere in the world that a Lotus Cortina has chased a Nascar.

Anyway I just wanted to post some pics, I have some great in car video also that I will post as soon as I get the time.

Cheers,

Paul.

gTWoHbU.jpg

8Ks7jF3.jpg

lUJMZWB.jpg

LBDteDe.jpg

dMlNk6O.jpg

TZF71S4.jpg

2jYwmX0.jpg

tWLX8Ak.jpg

advertisement

Back