advertisement

HiFi Lounge - All Our Latest News, PMC, Naim, Bryston, Rega amongst Many others!

Hi All,

I think everyone knows that we are big fans of Devialet here, from the configurability, its style but most of all how it sounds, Devialet really are offering something different and exciting in the world of HiFi.

Since we took Devialet on as a brand around a year ago the plan was always to have the full range on demo, we started off with the stereo versions, so the 120, 200 and 250 but now we have just taken on the 200 Companion so that we can now demo the Devialet 400 Dual Mono Setup, this basically means that you run a Devialet 200 for each speaker configured as a monobloc giving 400 watts per channel into 6ohms.

I have been running the 400 over the last few days with our new Chord Sarum Super Aray cables and the difference over running a single Devialet 200 is quite marked, it isn’t about being able to go louder but just how more effortless the sound comes across with better seperation and imaging, it is certainly a pretty potent setup, especially with SAM activated.

Now I need to start saving for a 250 companion so that we can demo the Devialet 800 Dual Mono Setup with 800 watts per channel :)

Below is a link to Devialet on our website + a few pictures, keep an eye out as we are planning to hold a Devialet Dual Mono open day in conjunction with Devialet’s Phantom release, once we know when Devialet will release the Phantom to dealers we will announce a date but I would expect it to be around June time hopefully.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/devialet

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that it is that time of year again when we get the annual Naim price rise so if you are thinking of buying anything within the Naim range shortly it may be worth thinking about getting your order in sooner rather than later.

Basically there is an increase of around 4% across most of the range to cover the rise in costs to Naim of raw material, the price rise will come into affect from 1st April so anything ordered up to the 31st March will stay at the current/old prices.

Naim have managed to hold the price on the Uniti Range, excluding the UnitiServe, Muso, NAP 200, 250, 300 & 500 + their speaker range.

Please find the new price list below, hopefully it shows up OK, if not please get in touch and I will e-mail it over.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/naim-audio

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi all,

As the weekend is now fast approaching, we are looking forward to rocking out with some Classic Rock with Dave Lewis from the Led Zeppelin Tight But Loose fan club, I thought I would just say that we will be starting from around 10am with muffins and coffee with nibbles throughout the day.

The awesome Bryston 28B SST2 1000 watts per channel mono blocs will be here from tomorrow then I just need to wheel out the excellent PMC MB2 SE speakers to really get our rock system warmed up in readiness.

Don’t forget that Barry will also be here with a selection of used vinyl for sale along with his record cleaning machine which I’m sure will be very busy indeed.

Below you will see a timetable that Dave has put together to give some structure to the day although this will be flexible as I am quite keen on everyone bringing any classic rock albums that they’d like to hear on our reference system.

HIFI LOUNGE/CLASSIC ROCK CLASSIC ROCK SATURDAY TIMETABLE:

Here is something of a timetable for the day - timings subject to change.

10 am to 12 noon:

Welcome/Introduction:

Audio and DVD Playback: Let’s rock the morning with Led Zep/The Who/Rolling Stones/David Bowie/Bad Company/Jimi Hendrix/Cream/Sabbath/Purple and more.

12 to 1pm:

Audio and DVD Playback: The American Factor – Bruce Springsteen/The Eagles/Lynyrd Skynyrd, Crosby Stills & Nash and more.

1pm to 2pm:

Audio and DVD Playback: Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti .The new reissue -here it like never before…

2pm to 3pm:

Classic Rock Quiz: Your Classic Rock knowledge tested!

3pm to 4pm

Audio and DVD Playback : The afternoon prog rock and chill out zone – Pink Floyd/Yes/ ELP/JethroTull and more

4pm to 6pm:

Audio and DVD Playback: Your requests

Look forward to seeing everyone at the weekend :)

More details below -

http://hifilounge.tumblr.com/post/110528264748/join-us-for-classic-rock-saturday-march-21st

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

Well its been a busy day but we are now all set for our Classic Rock Day tomorrow, the Bryston amps are warming up nicely to some Led Zeppelin as I just bought the last 3 box sets that were remastered and they are sounding great.

Barry dropped a few boxes of vinyl in today, starting from £1 up to £6′ish, there is a great selection there, so this could be a great opportunity to pick some vinyl at sensible prices, he will also be offering his vinyl cleaning service, I will be getting my recently released Bruce Springsteen Vinyl remasters cleaned that’s for sure.

Dave Lewis from the Led Zeppelin Fan Club will be bringing along a selection of vinyl and DVD’s to play, he has also put together a Classic Rock quiz which will be fun, I may have a go this year as I was well out of my depth last year with the Led Zeppelin quiz.

Basically it will be a relaxed day so please feel free to bring some music along, I have got the classics on vinyl but anything out of the ordinary will be great to hear also if we have the time, Wendy has also been busy sorting out the nibbles and coffee.

I have updated our Art Vinyl wall to get in with the mood, look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

The big guns are ready :)

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Both Wendy and myself just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who came along on Saturday and helped make our Classic Rock day so much fun, it was great to see so many familiar faces and a few new ones.

Also thanks for Barry for bringing along a great and varied selection of vinyl which proved very popular along with his record cleaning services, this also proved to be very popular indeed with many people trying the before and after experience and being quite surprised at the improvement the cleaning bought.

Also a big thanks to Dave Lewis for helping run the event, I stayed away from his quiz though as I think I really would have showed myself up, I didn’t even know one of the Bruce Springsteen questions so I wouldn’t have stood a chance with some of the more obscure questions but fair play to everyone who participated, there were some very impressive scores.

So all in all a great day that proved to be lots of fun, so thanks again and please find Dave Lewis’s review below and a picture that he took and a link to his Facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/tightbutloose.loose

HiFi Lounge/TBL Classic Rock Saturday – Dunton, Bedfordshire – March 21, 2015:

It was great to be back at the farm buildings in Dunton yesterday - the home of HiFi Lounge,the highly reputable hi- fi dealership run by Paul Clark. We teamed up with Paul for a Zep day last year and we were back this time extending the theme to classic rock artusts and it worked a treat.

It was good to TBL crew members Gary Foy and Ian Avey –Richard Grubb and his mate Bill over from Wales (Richard wrote that superb Led Zep Remastered feature in TBL 38) plus Martyn Vail and wife Jean. There were also plenty of Paul’s Hi-Fi enthusiasts in attendance. I’m no hi fi buff but I am fascinated at the knowledge and passion these guys have and boy is there some money to be spent.

There was also the added bonus of a record stall present run by Barry from Grade 1 Records Stevenage. Barry also offered a record cleaning service and those that took up that option were amazed at the results – Richard Grubb had new life breathed into an old copy of Led Zep II he brought along -Tom had a similar result with his Wild Turkey album. The stall did some brisk business and of course I succumbed to a couple namely The Yes Album on original UK plum and orange Atlantic and Canned Heat.

After lunch (a superb spread - thank you Wendy!) I also ran a fun quiz of 50 questions surrounding classic rock artists – the lyric round foxed a few (that’s you Phil H!). The winners were Gary and Ian.

The main attraction was of course the playing of vinyl on amazing kit.

For that treat we were listening in the main room on a hi-fi set up with the following specs and the price it retails at:

PMC MB2 Se’s speakers (£16,100)

Bryston 28B SST x2 amps (£10,000 each)

Bryston SP3 pre amp (£10,000)

Well tempered Vesaleax Turntable (£3,400)

Dynavector Te Kaitora cartridge (£2199)

Atlas Asimi Cables Throughout

Phew!

There was an excellent cross section of albums and choice cuts on the playlist throughout the day – here’s some highlights:

The Who - Who’s Next Baba O Reilly/Bargain – amazingly clear.

Pink Floyd The Dark Side Of The Moon – as expected, pretty awesome. attraction was of course the playing of vinyl on amazing kit.

Deep Purple Speed King/Black Sabbath Paranoid -Tom’s faves.

Frank Zappa Hot Rats (Richard and Bill were at a Frank Zappa Convention the previous night and got this one in!)

David Bowie - the recent best of set.

Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti – absolutely stunning!

Led Zeppelin – Stairway To Heaven from the 02 Celebration Day album this sounded so clear and it was a real thrill to hear Robert’ ‘’Hey Ahmet’’ comment loud and proud.

Fleetwood Mac Rumours – winding down at the close of the day this sounded magnificent - particularly The Chain and You make Loving Fun.

I sold a few bits and spread the TBL word throughout the day – overall another splendid HIFi Lounge/TBL event and many thanks to Paul and Wendy for opening the doors to the HiFi Lounge – if you are need of quality h-fi –be sure to check in with Paul.

DL - March 22, 2015

Thanks again,

Paul & Wendy

Hi All,

Just a quickie to say that we now have Chord Electronics DSX1000 Reference Network player on demo, anyone who came along to our Classic Rock Day may have seen it and heard it as we used it for some of our streaming duties.

There is no denying that Chord Make beautiful looking equipment, quite unlike anyone else, when you first take it out of the box you know that this is going to be something quite special and it doesn’t disappoint. At its heart it uses the latest version of the FPGA DAC architecture and with Rob Watts expertise in DAC technology you get a sound quite like anything else out there, anyone who has a Hugo will know all about this.

So basically it is a UPNP streamer that will play all file formats up to DSD64, it also has variable volume control as well as a fixed line out meaning that you could just hook it up direct to a power amp for a very neat digital system. It can be controlled via its beautiful machined remote control or via a tablet or phone with its recently updated app that works extremely well, control is so important when it comes to streaming and Chord really do understand this. It also boasts a 3.5 inch colour screen to access settings and to show album artwork.

So taking all the above into consideration this is a stunning network streamer that looks and sounds like nothing else out there, we are waiting for our CPM 2800 MKII Integrated Amp to come in for demo so that we can show a complete Chord system but in the meantime if you’d like to come a have a listen to the DSX1000 please feel free, please find a link below to the Chord Electronics range on our website and a few pictures of the DSX1000 -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-electronics

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

This is one piece of Naim equipment I have personally been looking forward to, I am a big fan of the NAC-N 172 as I found if you could go with a 2 box solution partnered with a NAP 200 it would give a nice increase in performance compared to the similarly priced SuperUniti.

So when my demo NAC-N 272 arrived yesterday I hooked it up to our demo NAP 250 which I guess will be the perfect partner, maybe even a NAP 300 would be worth considering, and left it running overnight so that I could come in this morning for a good listen before the phone starts ringing, I compared it directly against the SuperNait 2 / ND5 XS system as both are similarly priced 2 box solutions.

Firstly both systems sound excellent and are reasonably close in performance but the NAP 250 is the classic Naim amp and as good as the SN2 is it just can’t compete with the control and drive of the 250. Comparing the 272 with the ND5 bought 2 different presentations with the 272 being very open, airy, detailed with great seperation, a very delicate sound with the ND5 XS being slightly darker and warmer but overall I preferred the 272/250 combo really for the extra insight that it bought to recordings, but I could see this combo not being as forgiving to bad recordings as the SN2/ND5 system would be and I would imagine if you added the HiCap to the SN2 this could bring back some of that openess of the 272, but then in typical Naim fashion you could add a XP5 XS or XPS to the 272 to further enhance that.

At the end of the day both are excellent systems and I can see some people preferring one over the other and vice versa, its a great choice to have though, later on I will compare the SN2/NDX v the 272/250 as that will certainly be interesting.

So to sum up the NAC-N 272 is a streaming Pre-Amp with digital inputs so you can use it as a DAC, it also has Bluetooth and Spotify Connect as well as internet radio and DSD 64 support, a first for Naim, it is priced at £3300 or with DAB/FM £3595, if you’d like to come in for a listen please feel free of if you’d like to discuss trading in an existing Naim system please feel free to ring as the 272/250 combo really seems like the next logical step up from the Uniti Range of products now.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/naim-nac-n-272-streaming-preamplifier

Partnered With The NAP 250

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Everyone,

After a day of listening to the new Naim NAC-N 272 yesterday and being very impressed I just thought I would mention the below regarding trading in existing Naim equipment to accommodate the 272.

So If you have a NAC-N 172 XS and would like a nice and easy upgrade or are one of the many Uniti users out there please do get in touch to discuss your trade in options as this really is the next step up in performance without going to a large multiple box Naim system and we can offer very good trade in prices, sorry if I sound like a salesman, but I have been really impressed with the 272 :)

Also I know that a lot of people run an external power amp, such as a NAP 250, on their Uniti Products or SuperNaits, so adding a 272 would just be a matter of swapping out one box for the 272 to run with the power amp and you really would get a great lift in performance, it seems like Naim have thought of everything again :)

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Just a quick blog to let everyone know that we now have Naim’s new Super Lumina range of cables on demo. I must admit at first I wasn’t too keen to put these on demo as they are certainly not cheap and I did wonder how good they really could be, then my friendly Naim rep lent me his demo set, I should have known better than to have doubted Naim as on our NAC 252 / NAP 300 / NDS system the upgrade really was substantial compared to Naim’s NAC A5 speaker cable. Firstly the soundstage grew in width and depth, the bass was more controlled but for me it was the extra space it gave everything, everything was more Airy and open with vocals having more presence, basically everything was improved, so I was sold and ordered our demo setup there and then, I’m so easy sometimes :)

Basically the Super Lumina speaker cables and interconnects were designed alongside Naim’s £150,000 Statement system but used in a more modest system the gains are still there to be heard, it really is almost like a hardware upgrade, like adding one of Naim’s power supplies, even if you are not running a Naim system they would certainly be worth trying.

We have now got a 7m pair of Super Lumina speaker cables, this is the problem with having our main Naim system to one side of the room, and a Din-Din interconnect, the proof in the quality of these cables is trying them at home so if you would like to borrow them please feel free to get in touch and to take them home for a few days.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/naim-super-lumina-cables

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

Sonus Faber have slowly been working their way through their speaker range with new models being released over the last couple of years, the latest make over is to their entry level range of speakers, so out with the Toy range and in with the new Chameleon range, I have to say that these look like a great speaker at an excellent price with a novel idea and a great name to match.

These are classic Sonus Faber, so expect plenty of leather and style but the main difference form any other speaker that I have seen before are the exchangeable side panels in a choice of 6 colours, a very cool and fun idea.

There are 3 speakers in the range, a bookshelf, a floor stander and a centre speaker so it is very simple to create a multi channel Chameleon setup and with prices being extremely reasonable, starting at £388 for the centre speaker I can see these being very popular indeed.

We have on order the bookshelf and floorstanders for demo along with all the different colour panels, they are due in a few weeks time so please keep an eye out on the website for more information, please find a link to the range on our site and a few pictures below -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/Chameleon-collection-by-sonus-faber

Chameleon B

Chameleon T

Chameleon C

Colour Choices

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

I know a lot of people have been waiting for us to get the new Chord Electronics 2Qute Dac on demo so I just wanted to scribble a quick post to say that our demo model has just arrived.

For those who don’t know this is basically a Hugo in a Chordette chassis without the internal battery, so it runs of the mains, and no headphone output but still offers that award winning Hugo sound.

This really is the perfect DAC for home HiFi’s as well as the heart to a top end headphone rig, used as a Dac into something like a Stax rig or a Trilogy amp will really be something quite special, that is the beauty of the 2Qute, it is so versatile, and priced at £995 it won’t break the bank, so please feel free to get in touch to arrange a demo.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-2qute-dac

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

I did promise myself that this year I wouldn’t bring on anymore brands, but so far we have added Chord Cables, Chord Electronics, Well Tempered and Isol-8 so that new years resolution didn’t go very well to be honest :) but for some time now I have been looking for a brand that just did streaming transports, so basically a network player that you add your own DAC to or can plug directly into a Devialet etc, so I am really pleased to be able to add Aurender to our portfolio, that is definitely it for this year, I promise.

Why did we go with Aurender? several reasons really, firstly control, their app really is excellent, obviously sound quality is the most important aspect of any HiFi purchase but with network players the control point is almost as important, you need a feature rich app that works and doesn’t crash and this is where Aurender really score big. It has all the normal features such as playlists etc but also includes cool features like being able to drill down by whether 16bit or 24bit files, even DSD which is also supported, then you can go one step further and search by frequency rate, so 44.1Khz as an example, all clever stuff.

Another great idea of the Aurender range of transports is that whichever model you go for will buffer the audio to its internal Solid State Drive before playing, so basically no moving parts are involved in the playback, I have found in the past that playing audio back from a SSD drive or USB drive always sounds better than direct from a conventional Hard Drive.

At the moment there are 3 models with another due to launch shortly, the N100 is basically a streamer that takes the data from your NAS drive, the X100L has either 6TB or 12TB of internal storage, both os these only have a USB output so perfect for something like a Chord 2Qute DAC or Hugo TT as well as a source for Devialet, then there is the Flagship W20 with multiple Digital outputs.

At the moment we have the N100 and X100L on demo so please feel free to come in to have a look and listen, please find more information below on our website -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/aurender

Aurender N100

Aurender X100L

Aurender W20

Our Demo N100 + X100L

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

It is that time of year again when the Munich Highend Show is on and most manufacturers launch some really exciting new products, but this is the one that has caught my eye.

I must admit I have been totally won over by Chords DAC’s recently, starting with the Hugo, then the 2Qute, then last week we got our Hugo TT, which is stunning I have to say but yesterday Chord introduced DAVE to the world, their new reference DAC which they are calling the most advanced DAC the world has ever seen, priced at £7950 it isn’t cheap but I can only imagine how good it will be.

Not only is it the most advanced DAC available but it is also a digital Preamp and also a headphone amp, could this be the best headphone amp the world has ever seen? quite possibly.

I won’t attempt to explain why this DAC is so good but please see below for Chords press release and if you’d like anymore information please don’t hesitate to get in touch -

CHORD ELECTRONICS INTRODUCES THE MOST ADVANCED DAC IN THE WORLD: DAVE

Chord Electronics has launched its most advanced DAC to date. Given the acronym DAVE, Chord’s latest-generation digital-to-analogue convertor features the very best conversion technology available, using proprietary techniques never seen before.

DAVE is a highly advanced reference-grade DAC, digital preamp and headphone amplifier. Hand-made in Kent, DAVE is based around a proprietary FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) offering more than ten times the program capacity of its predecessor.

At its heart lies a new (and in electronics terms, huge) LX75 version of the Spartan 6 Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA). The FPGA’s extraordinary capability enables a number of key sonic benefits including significantly improved timing and the best noise-shaper performance of any known DAC. DAVE’s technology delivers music with unmatched reality and musicality, with an unrivalled timing response.

Technology in depth: new WTA filter

Chord Electronics has implemented a brand new WTA (Watts Transient Aligned) filter with 164,000 taps. WTA filtering is now up to 256 FS (that’s 256-times the sample frequency) — no other DAC has ever FIR filtered at such a high rate! In order to process signals at this unprecedented rate, DAVE has massive parallel-processing capacity with 166 separate DSP cores just for the WTA filtering alone. This enables DAVE to reproduce the original unsampled analogue signal more accurately than any other DAC.

The output stage has been advanced with a new 20-element Pulse Array DAC and a unique second-order analogue noise-shaper, which gives ultra-high-frequency linearity. Its output feeds both balanced XLR and single-ended RCA outputs, as well as an advanced headphone output with more than enough capability for the most impedance-challenging headphones.

Display

A key benefit over its predecessor is a full-sized LCD display, showing input, sample frequency and volume, plus set-up and configuration options. The display, which sits behind the famous Chord porthole, is clearly visible from a variety of angles and retains the signature colour display for volume and sample rate as introduced by the landmark Hugo DAC/headphone amp. On its fascia, DAVE also features a rotary encoder with a large stainless steel controller and ball buttons, enabling direct interactivity in addition to the supplied remote control.

DAVE’s advanced technology is enshrined in Chord Electronics’ trademark casework which has been precision-milled from solid aircraft-grade aluminium to deliver functional strength and rigidity, as well as great beauty. Simply stated, DAVE is the most advanced DAC in the world, something Chord Electronics is immensely proud of.

Why DAVE?

Chord has given its most advanced DAC to date a moniker that best reflects the product’s capability; a device so advanced and with so few compromises, that it is absolutely truthful in the extreme; a standard that all other DACs on the market simply cannot hope to match.

Chord initially looked at using Latinised versions of the term ‘Extreme Truth’ or ‘Veritas’ in a move away from model names with simple numbers and letters. Chord eventually chose the acronym DAVE which joins Hugo and stands for Digital to Analogue Veritas in Extremis.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

It certainly all seems to be cars, cars and more cars here at the moment, every weekend we seem to be at a different car event, this weekend though was pretty cool as Wendy and myself got invited along to Silverstone for the Blancpain GT race at Silverstone as guests of Naim Audio and Bentley Cars, Naim are one of Bentleys sponsors, it was a great event with a range of supercars hammering around Silverstone, a really awesome sight to see.

The real highlight though was that we were allowed access to the grid as the cars were forming for the start, I’ve been to countless races over the years but have never had this opportunity, it really was quite surreal, it really did feel like you shouldn’t be there, I’m sure all the mechanics must hate us getting in the way, it was great fun though.

It was a 3 hour race and Bentley put up a good show but it was eventually won by a McLaren, if anyone in interested there is a 2min highlight reel below -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLEC8B95916B0BA0A2&v=yq1ntBtYlkk

So Thanks for Naim for the invite and a great day out, as ever please find a few pictures below -

The Lamborghini’s were racing in their own race series, this is an expensive car park -

OUCH!

How gorgeous are these 2 show Lambo's

On The Grid as everyone gets ready to start the 3 hour race.

Bentley In Hot Pursuit

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi all,

This proved to be a very popular promotion last time PMC run it so they have decided to bring it back for June, July and August this year.

Basically if you buy a any new Twenty Series speakers during these 3 months you have a chance to get your money back, so you get a free pair of speakers, can’t be bad. All you have to do is register your new speakers within 14 days of receiving them then PMC will hold a draw during July, August and September and 3 lucky people will get their money back, happy days.

I know it is easy to say that you never win these kind of draws but one of our lucky customers did win the last Golden Ticket promotion and actually got his money back on a pair of Twenty.23′s, so you really do never know.

Also don’t forget our Big PMC Open day on July 18th where PMC will be opening their doors for the first time to the public, they will be running various speaker setups culminating in their stunning Active MB2 XBD-A speakers, I really can’t wait to hear these :) If the weather behaves I’m hoping it will be like a PMC Summer party, oh yes not forgetting the BBQ.

We will also be offering 10% off any PMC Speakers purchased at the event so really there has never been a better time to buy a pair of PMC Speakers, I hope I’m not starting to sound like a salesman :)

More information below on the PMC Twenty Range of speakers and the Open Day -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/pmc-speakers

http://hifilounge.tumblr.com/post/118856978028/boys-toys-day-july-18th-with-hifi-lounge-pmc

Hope to see you on the 18th July.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

As everyone knows we love our Sonus Faber speakers at HiFi Lounge, no one makes a speaker that looks as beautiful as Sonus Faber and they still retain their lifelike and organic presentation that really can make the hairs on the back of your next stand up. Well slowly but surely they have been working their way through their range of speakers with new designs, the latest is the introduction of the Chameleon range with replaces the Toy range.

Now this is Sonus Faber’s entry level range of speakers but you really wouldn’t know it, they are beautifully built with the classic Sonus Faber leather trim, chrome surrounds around the drivers, magnetic grills, all hand made in Italy and best of all they have interchangeable side panels. Now I have never known this before on a pair of speakers but it is such a great idea, at the moment there are 6 different colours, Red, Orange, White, Black, Blue and Grey, so you can choose a colour to match your decor or if you fancy a change just swap over the panels to a different colour. I guess if you wanted you could even take the panels to a car body shop and get them sprayed any colour you like, ingenious :) We have all 6 colours on demo if you’d like to see how they look.

Best of all in my opinion is the price, without panels the bookshelves only cost £555 with the panels costing £145 a pair and the floorstanders only cost £1338 with the panels costing £332 for the pair, when you see the finish of these speakers you really won’t believe how much you get for your money.

How do they sound? Like classic Sonus Faber’s, so plenty of detail but this is presented in a full, rich and lifelike manor, not forward but just very natural.

Below is a link to the Chameleons on our website, a link to a Sonus Faber Chameleon video and a few pictures, if you’d like to come in for a listen please feel free -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/Chameleon-collection-by-sonus-faber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYuoFalbMSg

Sonus Faber Chameleon T

Sonus Faber Chameleon B

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

I just wanted to make one more post regarding our Boys Toys Day, I have been forwarded some amazing pictures over the last week, when I get a chance I will sit down and compile an album of the day but I just wanted to put a couple of links below to 2 more albums, one from Dave Yuen and the other from Steve Wright, thanks guys, some awesome pictures there :)

Steve Wright -

http://bit.ly/1MsNstW

Dave Yuen -

http://bit.ly/1gimdpX

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi All,

Just a quick blog to say that we now have Chord Electronics new 2800 MKII Digital Integrated amplifier on demo. I think it is far to say that Chord really have stolen the DAC market lately, and rightly so, with their fantastic Hugo, TT, 2Qute and shortly to be released DAVE, now I am a big fan of these products so when I heard that Chord were releasing an digital integrated amp and the digital section is basically a Hugo, well I just could resist to get one for demo.

With 120 watts on tap, Bluetooth and a Hugo lurking beneath the beautiful casework this really is an amp worth listening to and at a price of £6690 I would say that seems pretty fair, especially when you see it in the flesh, one thing is for sure, no one makes electronics like Chord :)

If you would like to pop in for a listen please let me know, below is a link to it on our website and a few pictures -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-cpm-2800-MKII-digital-integrated-amp

Partnered with the DSX1000 Reference Network Player, Beautiful.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi All,

We all know that sales of CD’s and CD Players have taken a bit of a dive lately but we all have a lot of CD’s and I really believe that there will always be a demand for CD Players, particularly at the higher end, at HFL we have seen that there is definitely a case of people buying one last CD Player, so when Musical Fidelity announced that they were going to do a CD Player to join the awesome NuVista 800 amp I was keen to take it on and earlier this week we took delivery, I have to say that it certainly looks the part.

As well as a CD Player it can be used as a DAC as it has digital inputs, what is cool though is that the DAC section can be replaced so if in a few years there is a new DAC technology then the current DAC section can be swapped out for the latest spec, a very good idea.

I had a good listen yesterday with it hooked up to our NuVista 800 amp and it really does sound stunning, almost not sounding like a CD as you get that wonderful warmth of the valves but being a Musical Fidelity product it is also very neutral and honest and although the combination of the NuVista amp and CD Player are not cheap, for the level of performance and build I feel it is excellent value, once you see and hear a NuVista product you’ll see what I mean.

Musical Fidelity are running a trade in promotion at the moment, so if you have a MF CD Player or another brand of CD player please give me a ring and I will run through the options as you may be surprised at how competitive the deals are and it may not cost you as much as you think to own a Musical Fidelity NuVista CD Player.

As ever there is a link below to the NuVista CD Player on our website and a few unboxing pictures below.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/nuvista-by-musical-fidelity

Thanks,
Paul.

advertisement

Back