advertisement

Hiding in a cupboard or attic...

cj66

pfm Member
...or even still in use.

Inspired by the recent FS thread with a Sony SB300 tape switcher. What unusual bits n bobs do you have lurking at home.

One of mine is a Niles SVC-4, a four way speaker pairs and 2 way amplifier switcher with volume control and R matching.

Web pic

81fd066a7689be7e8bc5c5585f13406b.image.240x180.jpg

When I dig it out I'll take a proper piccy.

Wot u got?

I have some Rogers Ls 6 speakers (or something like that) in the attic, with a woofer blown.

A pair of mint Quad 11 Classics, a tube buffer and a little Topping MX3, great little thing together with the buffer and the two take up less space than a shoebox in their packaging but I'll likely just give them away at some stage as they are worth little. The Quads will eventually form a little room system, likely with some Rega or Exposure amplifier.

Very embarrassingly I have an AR Legend that’s seen better days, it’s been in the loft over 20 years and has gone down hill badly, the veneer has deteriorated, needs a complete refurbishment, maybe when I retire.

Two Rotel 960BX, working perfectly, but currently not in use. But, some day, who knows.

Come to think of it, a Nak 3 head recorder that I'm certain I will never use again.

A Revox G36 is being used, infrequently, every 10 year or so.

Nothing in the attic.

Cellar full of boxes and packing material.

Rest of house full of records and hi-fi kit. Just too much to list to be honest!

I've got, amongst other unused gubbins, a Sony Walkman Pro cassette deck (not working). I keep meaning to bung it on the charity classifieds.

Erm... hiding in various cupboards:
Naim: Nait3, 82, 180 (x2), NAXO, SBLs (MK2 Walnut).
Sony TA 5650, A&R A60, Denon TU260L, Quad ESLs, Jantzen Z30, Maggie IIIa, Goodman Triaxiom 12"
LP12, SME 3012, Pioneer PL71D, Marantz CD63 KI

Erm... hiding in various cupboards:
Naim: Nait3, 82, 180 (x2), NAXO, SBLs (MK2 Walnut).
Sony TA 5650, A&R A60, Denon TU260L, Quad ESLs, Jantzen Z30, Maggie IIIa, Goodman Triaxiom 12"
LP12, SME 3012, Pioneer PL71D, Marantz CD63 KI

Was going to ask if you fancied selling the Pioneer PL-71 and then noticed you're in New Zealand?!

I've got, amongst other unused gubbins, a Sony Walkman Pro cassette deck (not working). I keep meaning to bung it on the charity classifieds.

If you did I imagine it wouldn't last long. These can fetch a fair old whack and the fix may be a fairly simple one. I had mine completely refurbished late last year by a TapeHeads regular and it is now working perfectly. Didn't cost the earth either.

Twice a year I do the rounds. Things that have not been used are taken to a charity or to the waste disposal centre. My wife gets upset for a few days then agrees that it was the right thing to do.

Currently in my must clear out list
Rega Ela MK1 rough cabinet but working Royd driver and tweeter.
DIY Hicap
Nac 102
Avondale 260z
Part built ncc200 amp.
Part built ncc220 monos
Naim Intros

I have a little mono Mullard 5-10 amp in a battleship grey wooden box with some old speaker fitted. Meant to use it for something or other, but never did. Also a Quad FM valve tuner that I bought purely as it looks cute. I think that's about it for stuff I will probably never use.

advertisement

Back