advertisement

Hi-Fi Truths to Live By

The Hana stylus guard will always go missing. It will only reappear when you buy a new one.

I know this is true because I've been round the buoy twice!

There are no budget giant killers
That simply isn’t true there are inexpensive dacs that offer state of the art performance , amplifiers too cables ( obviously) even loudspeakers although you may have to add/integrate a sub for a truly full-range sound.
Keith

The most important determinant of great sound is a great recording. However, even a crap recording will be enjoyable on a good system.

I find the opposite. A great system shows bad recordings for what they are. A poor system on the other hand can mask a bad recoding.

That simply isn’t true there are inexpensive dacs that offer state of the art performance , amplifiers too cables ( obviously) even loudspeakers although you may have to add/integrate a sub for a truly full-range sound.
Keith
I don’t really believe in budget giant killers but there are some that are just as good as those that cost many times more.

The price of a significant proportion of hi fi kit is based on what the manufacturer thinks they can sell it for (ie get away with) rather than cost plus reasonable profit margin. The higher the RRP the more likely this is to be true.

The price of a significant proportion of hi fi kit is based on what the manufacturer thinks they can sell it for (ie get away with) rather than cost plus reasonable profit margin. The higher the RRP the more likely this is to be true.[/
Yep.

advertisement

Back